Scientists to Search for Ancient Civilization in Bulgaria's Rhodopes
An international expedition will seek signs left by an ancient civilization in the prehistoric sanctuaries of Belintash, Tatul and Harman Kaya in Bulgaria's Rhodope mountains.
This initiative is supported by the Credo Bonum foundation, Bulgarian Telegraph Agency informs.
The team of researchers includes Professor Ana Raduncheva from the Archaeological Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS), archeoastronomer Robert Bauval, geologist Dr. Robert Schock and NASA astrophysicist Thomas Brophy.
They will explore the traces of a civilization that inhabited Bulgaria's land before the Thracians in the region of the Eastern Rhodopes.
Their work will be filmed and will show for the first time the mysterious Stone Forest in the Eastern Rhodopes.
The documentary seeks to attract international media interest in Bulgaria's ancient heritage, which undoubtedly occupies a key place in the millennial civilization process, the Credo Bonum Foundation notes.
- » Archaeologists Uncover Veliki Preslav's Eastern Gate
- » Archaeologists Unearth Lion's Head, Tablet With Nymphs In Hisarya
- » Archaeological Excavations At Perperikon To Continue Next Year
- » Archaeologists Unearth Bronze Belt Of Bulgar Warrior
- » Thracian Temple In Starosel Is Falling Apart
- » Archaeologists Find Medieval Gate in Agatopolis Fortress in Bulgaria's Ahtopol
If they're looking for traces of primeval tribes in Bulgaria, may I point them to the archives of the DSP and BSP for starters? The might also consider excavations in most of Plovdiv, in Fakulteta and certain other areas of Sofia for signs of more modern-day primitives.... ;)