Undercover Taxmen in Swimsuits Patrol Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
Bulgaria's National Revenue Agency (NRA) has sent additional 1,200 taxmen to inspect the stores and hotels in the seaside resorts during the summer season.
Inspectors regularly monitor whether tourists are given receipts for all used services and purchases. More than 500 sites were checked along the southern Black Sea coast in the last 10 days, news.bg reports.
At the beach, taxmen work undercover - in swimsuits. They mingle with the crowds of tourists and carefully inspect whether all customers receive receipts for the beach umbrellas and chairs they get.
All restaurants and cafes along the beach are also inspected, sometimes even at night.
Currency exchange offices are also subjected to inspections. The most common violations found there concern transactions documents.
- » Bulgaria Air Adds Weekly Flights to Lisbon, Alicante from Sofia
- » Bulgaria to Keep Old Tourist Logo As All Proposals Rejected
- » Network of Electric Bicycles to Connect Bulgaria, Romania
- » Competition for New Tourist Logo of Bulgaria Fails to Select Winner
- » Over 100 000 Romanians Expected to Visit Bulgaria over Easter Holiday
- » Bulgarian Truckers’ Plans to Close Border with Greece Threaten Losses for Tour Operators