Undercover Taxmen in Swimsuits Patrol Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
Bulgaria's National Revenue Agency (NRA) has sent additional 1,200 taxmen to inspect the stores and hotels in the seaside resorts during the summer season.
Inspectors regularly monitor whether tourists are given receipts for all used services and purchases. More than 500 sites were checked along the southern Black Sea coast in the last 10 days, news.bg reports.
At the beach, taxmen work undercover - in swimsuits. They mingle with the crowds of tourists and carefully inspect whether all customers receive receipts for the beach umbrellas and chairs they get.
All restaurants and cafes along the beach are also inspected, sometimes even at night.
Currency exchange offices are also subjected to inspections. The most common violations found there concern transactions documents.
- » Holiday and Spa Expo Kicks Off in Blgaria
- » Bulgaria's Sozopol Voted 6th in European Best Destinations Ranking
- » Sofia Ranks as Cheapest European Destination
- » Bulgaria's National Statistics Clash with Ex-Govt Figures on Foreign Tourists
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Industry 'Grew 11% Last Year'
- » Sunny Beach 2nd Cheapest Destination for UK Tourists