Undercover Taxmen in Swimsuits Patrol Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
Bulgaria's National Revenue Agency (NRA) has sent additional 1,200 taxmen to inspect the stores and hotels in the seaside resorts during the summer season.
Inspectors regularly monitor whether tourists are given receipts for all used services and purchases. More than 500 sites were checked along the southern Black Sea coast in the last 10 days, news.bg reports.
At the beach, taxmen work undercover - in swimsuits. They mingle with the crowds of tourists and carefully inspect whether all customers receive receipts for the beach umbrellas and chairs they get.
All restaurants and cafes along the beach are also inspected, sometimes even at night.
Currency exchange offices are also subjected to inspections. The most common violations found there concern transactions documents.
- » Bulgarian Tourism Industry Feels Modestly Optimistic about Winter Season
- » Go2Balkans Conference to Look for Joint Tourism Promotion in SE Europe
- » Ukraine’s Wind Rose to Start Regular Flights from Kiev to Bulgaria’s Sofia
- » Bulgaria Aims to Boost Brand Awareness of Its Tourism Sector
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Register 10.8 % Y/Y Increase in September
- » Bulgaria to Introduce Facilitated Visa Procedure for Turkish Tourists