One in Four Bulgarians to Vote for GERB in Next Elections – Poll
A total of 26% of Bulgarians would vote for the opposition center-right GERB party if elections took place today, the latest poll of Exacta Research shows.
The distribution of votes would be the following: 15% would support Bulgaria's socialist party, and 7% will give their vote the ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS). The Reformist bloc comes next with 6% of the votes followed by 5% for Bulgaria without Censorship, a party headed by MEP and former journalist Nikolay Barekov.
According to the head of Exacta Research agency Lidiya Yordanova, in mid-July a sharp decline was registered in public confidence in the work of key institutions, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
“The share of Bulgarians who currently support the work of the National Assembly is record low - 8.5%. After a year in office, the Oresharski cabinet gets the approval of 17% of all polled. The Prosecutor's office has lost 10% approval and gained 8% more disapproval. The disapproval of the court's work has increased by 7%,” Yordanova said, as quoted by BNR.
According to the survey, most Bulgarians support the outgoing EU Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva's bid for EU's next foreign policy chief.
Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) is approved by a third of Bulgarians, but its governor Ivan Iskrov enjoys lower public confidence.
The survey of Exacta Research was conducted between 10-15 July.
- » Deputy PM Zaharieva: 78% of Regional Development Ministry Budget Spent in H1 2014
- » Witnesses Back Defendant in Bulgaria’s 2013 Illegal Ballot Papers Case
- » Liberals' Head Lyutvi Mestan Demands International Probe into KTB Affair
- » IntMin Employees to Stage Protest over Plans for Social Benefits Cut
- » Bulgaria Budget Miscalculated 'on Purpose' - President Plevneliev
- » Bulgarian Trade Unions, Employers’ Organizations to Boycott Tripartite Cooperation Council Meeting
Yes Seedy the Brits are fantastic they make a lot of noise about sanctions against Russia but contine to supply important weapons such as missile parts.
Hypocrites like the Brits make a stupid joke out of the sanctions which is wonderful.
Cheers Brits!!!! keep the weapons coming.
Crimea is a "reward" for gangsterism and a warning to all other countries not to let the Russkis get a toe-hold in their countries. Even SB doesn't deserve to be over-run by the vodka-swilling Ivans and their hookers, even the drunken Brits with their gross antics appear sophisticated and civilised in comparison with these dregs of humanity......
Seedy, The US is a war monger, Iraq, Afganistan, Libya all US NATO wars, and big messes left behind.
They organise elections to get their own people elected, that is not democracy, they funded the elections in the Ukraine that elected Poroshenko.
The Russian Federation now includes the Crimea, this is a wonderful reward for being a force for good.
To Russophobe you post reads like some American Tea Party fantasy. Completely removed from reality.
The good news is BP from the UK and Shell from the Netherlands are investing in Russian Oil and Gas.
The Austrians want to fund Southstream with the Russians.
The UK is still supplying Russia with missile parts and the French are still supplying the aircraft carriers.
The Crimea according to the Ukraine is worth around 90 billion Euros.
Because Russia is peaceful and supports democracy the people in the Crimea voted to join Russia so Russia gets a 90 billion reward for being peaceful, civilized and for protecting the weak, that is justic.
The Ukraine government collapsed this week and is running out of money, the US EU taxpayers will have to bail them out and when winter comes the US EU taxpayers will be paying the Ukranian gas bill to Russia.
Yane (or are you Optimistic or EDC today?), I know it's sad for you to see how things have turned out in the past 6 months, but let's summarize for your enjoyment:
1. Your dear communists are out in Bulgaria and pro-USA Boyko is coming back with more glory and power than ever.
2. Southstream is DEAD.. and I mean DEEEEEAAAAAAAADDDDDDD.
3. Russia has been choked to death with US/EU sanctions. It's economy will collapse this year.
4. Russia has been declared a pariah state by the whole world and is more isolated than ever.
5. Ukraine's Russian ass linking president was thrown out and is hiding in Russia.
6. Pro-USA/EU Poroshenko is firmly in power in Ukraine and will lead Ukraine to EU/NATO.
7. The EU is under stronger control from Washington than ever before.
8. John McCain calls the shots in Eastern Europe.
Like sa-sha (or is that your other alter ego?) likes to say...that Big Black Dick in the WH really must be smarter than I thought............