Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
The head of the BSP-led Coalition for Bulgaria parliamentary group Atanas Medrzhanov returned to President Rosen Plevneliev the mandate for formation of a government.
“I decline to set up a government,” Merdzhanov told Plevneliev. “We are sticking to our agreements.”
On Thursday the mandate was returned by GERB leader Boiko Borisov. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Foreign Ministry Provides Evacuation Option to Bulgarians in Nepal
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Deems Cabinet Reshuffles Pointless
- » Bulgaria Border Police Chief 'Dismissed'
- » No Information about Injured Bulgarians in Nepal Quake – Foreign Ministry
- » 25 Officers of Kapitan Andreevo Border Crossing Point Dismissed
- » Bulgaria’s Ruling Party Proposes 10-Year Limitation Period for Natural Persons