Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
The head of the BSP-led Coalition for Bulgaria parliamentary group Atanas Medrzhanov returned to President Rosen Plevneliev the mandate for formation of a government.
“I decline to set up a government,” Merdzhanov told Plevneliev. “We are sticking to our agreements.”
On Thursday the mandate was returned by GERB leader Boiko Borisov. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Filmmaker to Set Up Party on Bulgaria's Independence Day
- » PACE Delegation Arrives on Pre-Electoral Visit to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Interior Ministry Headcount May Increase by 1700
- » Gov't Grants BGN 28 M to Municipalities with Assets in KTB
- » Turkey’s Chief Prosecutor to Arrive in Bulgaria on 3-Day Visit
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Govt Suspends Investment Program of Socialist-Led Cabinet