Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
The head of the BSP-led Coalition for Bulgaria parliamentary group Atanas Medrzhanov returned to President Rosen Plevneliev the mandate for formation of a government.
“I decline to set up a government,” Merdzhanov told Plevneliev. “We are sticking to our agreements.”
On Thursday the mandate was returned by GERB leader Boiko Borisov. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry to Stage New Protests
- » Bulgaria MPs Pass Bill Allowing Expats to Vote in Referendums
- » Nationalist Alliance Patriotic Front to Keep Supporting Bulgaria’s Government
- » Bulgaria Needs to Focus Efforts on Completing Motorway Ring – Minister
- » Bulgaria Raises Retirement Age as Part of Pension Reform
- » Bulgaria Sets Up Animal Police Service