Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
The head of the BSP-led Coalition for Bulgaria parliamentary group Atanas Medrzhanov returned to President Rosen Plevneliev the mandate for formation of a government.
“I decline to set up a government,” Merdzhanov told Plevneliev. “We are sticking to our agreements.”
On Thursday the mandate was returned by GERB leader Boiko Borisov. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Bulgarian PM Appoints Deputy Agriculture Minister Responsible for Fisheries
- » Bulgarian PM Appoints Third Deputy Justice Minister
- » Bulgaria's Last King Says He Won't Run for President
- » Bulgarian President Refers Six-Point Referendum to Constitutional Court
- » Bulgaria PM Says He Cannot Be 'That Useful' as President
- » Bulgarian Parliamentary Committee Adopts Ban on Face-Covering Veils