Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
The head of the BSP-led Coalition for Bulgaria parliamentary group Atanas Medrzhanov returned to President Rosen Plevneliev the mandate for formation of a government.
“I decline to set up a government,” Merdzhanov told Plevneliev. “We are sticking to our agreements.”
On Thursday the mandate was returned by GERB leader Boiko Borisov. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » BSP Leader Ninova: Borisov's Government Prepares Ethnic Change in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Kids Spend 80% of Time on Internet
- » Plovdiv Appellate Court Confirms Ruling To Dismiss Chief City Architect Rusev
- » Exacta Research: GERB Remains Leading Political Force
- » Migrant Pressure in Bulgaria Reaches Critical Point
- » Financial Supervision Commission Plans Increase in Taxes Paid By Non-Banking Sector