Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
The head of the BSP-led Coalition for Bulgaria parliamentary group Atanas Medrzhanov returned to President Rosen Plevneliev the mandate for formation of a government.
“I decline to set up a government,” Merdzhanov told Plevneliev. “We are sticking to our agreements.”
On Thursday the mandate was returned by GERB leader Boiko Borisov. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Bulgaria's GERB, RB Ready to Sign Coalition Agreement
- » EPP Group Chairman: Bulgaria Not Ready for Grand Coalition
- » Bakalov 'Ready to Remain IntMin' in Bulgaria's Next Cabinet
- » First Tripartite Gov't Consultations Kick Off in Bulgaria's Parliament
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Has Focused on Fighting Human Trafficking- Caretaker Minister
- » Government Negotiations Agony Extends Into Next Week