Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
The head of the BSP-led Coalition for Bulgaria parliamentary group Atanas Medrzhanov returned to President Rosen Plevneliev the mandate for formation of a government.
“I decline to set up a government,” Merdzhanov told Plevneliev. “We are sticking to our agreements.”
On Thursday the mandate was returned by GERB leader Boiko Borisov. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Expelled Socialist Party MP to Launch His Own Party
- » Bulgaria to Spend BGN 24 M on Providing All Citizens with State Emails
- » Bulgaria Opposition Submits No-Confidence Motion over Healthcare Policies
- » Bulgaria Plans Deeper Army Involvement in Guarding of Borders
- » Bulgaria MPs Grant National Security Body Right to Process Passengers Flight Data
- » Ex-Leader of Bulgaria's DPS Reveals Details on New Political Party