Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
The head of the BSP-led Coalition for Bulgaria parliamentary group Atanas Medrzhanov returned to President Rosen Plevneliev the mandate for formation of a government.
“I decline to set up a government,” Merdzhanov told Plevneliev. “We are sticking to our agreements.”
On Thursday the mandate was returned by GERB leader Boiko Borisov. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Bulgaria to Give Flight Passengers' Data to US
- » Schengen Accession of Bulgaria, Romania Key to EU Security - IntMin
- » Bulgarian Police Arrests 107 Illegal Immigrants in Sofia
- » Bulgarian MPs Reject Proposal to Revoke Sanctions on Russia
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain Van Carrying 20 Migrants in Montana
- » Bulgarian President to Veto Amendments to Military Intelligence Act