Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
The head of the BSP-led Coalition for Bulgaria parliamentary group Atanas Medrzhanov returned to President Rosen Plevneliev the mandate for formation of a government.
“I decline to set up a government,” Merdzhanov told Plevneliev. “We are sticking to our agreements.”
On Thursday the mandate was returned by GERB leader Boiko Borisov. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Bulgarian Socialist Leader Heads to Moscow for Ruling Party Congress
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Calls for EU In/Out Referendum after Brexit
- » Bulgaria's Rivaling Socialist Parties to Attend United Russia Congress
- » Increase of Teachers' Salaries Can be Discussed in Autumn – Bulgarian PM
- » Bulgaria Moves to Punish Preaching of Radical Islam by Imprisonment
- » Bulgaria's Socialist Opposition Demands Resignation of Interior Minister