Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
The head of the BSP-led Coalition for Bulgaria parliamentary group Atanas Medrzhanov returned to President Rosen Plevneliev the mandate for formation of a government.
“I decline to set up a government,” Merdzhanov told Plevneliev. “We are sticking to our agreements.”
On Thursday the mandate was returned by GERB leader Boiko Borisov. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Flow of Illegal Migrants at Bulgaria’s Lesovo Increases - bTV
- » Consumption of Illicit Cigarettes in Bulgaria Registers Decrease
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain Syrian Refugees Hidden in Romanian Truck
- » Planned Rise in Vignette Stickers’ Price Prompts Protests in Bulgaria
- » Interior Minister Notes 2.5-Fold Increase of Migratory Flow Through Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Ataka Party Protests over Downing of Russian Warplane by Turkey