Bulgarian National Security Agency Busts Major Drug Trafficking Group
Bulgaria's State Agency for National Security busted a cross-border criminal group involved in the traffic of large quantities of drugs via Turkey and Bulgaria to Western Europe.
On July 20, the authorities at checkpoint Kapitan Andreevo inspected a truck with Bulgarian registration, driven by a Bulgarian citizen. A total of 106 kilograms of heroin have been seized from the vehicle, according to information released by the State Agency for National Security (DANS).
In a follow-up operation in Sofia, the authorities arrested two people occupying high positions in the hierarchy of the criminal group. The DANS employees seized cash, over 30 SIM cards and a small amount of cocaine from the homes and the cars of the detainees.
The detainees have remained in custody for 72 hours.
- » The US Police Arrested over 200 Members of a Criminal Group
- » Migrant-Smuggling Gang Caught in Bulgaria
- » Senator Attacked and Stabbed in Chile
- » 805 Phone Frauds Since the Beginning of the Year in Bulgaria
- » Spanish Police Bust International Crime Ring for Stealing Cars
- » Authorities Seized 17 Illegal Migrants near Kostinbrod