Bulgaria's Parliament to Hold Extraordinary Sitting on Budget Update
Center-right party GERB and liberal party DPS have agreed to hold an extraordinary sitting of Parliament on July 29 at 3 pm.
The proposal for the extraordinary sitting came from Yordan Tsonev from DPS (Movement for Rights and Freedoms).
The agenda of the sitting is to include two points only – an update of the budget of the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) and an update of the state budget, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
Tsonev requested the extraordinary sitting right after announcing that DPS would back the budget update proposed by the former socialist-led government two weeks ago.
Shortly after that, the leader of GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria) Boyko Borisov also backed the proposal of the former government for an update to the NHIF budget, as well as other parameters.
The Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) reiterated that it was only in favor of the update of the NHIF budget.
The extraordinary sitting was backed by 114 MPs and opposed by 1.
- » Bulgaria’s Gross Foreign Debt Dips 1.3% Y/Y in May 2016
- » Bulgaria Appoints New Deputy Finance Minister
- » FDI in Bulgaria Falls 34% Y/Y for January-May - C-Bank
- » Bulgaria, Iran to Deepen Economic Ties, Fight Against Tax, Customs Fraud
- » Inspections Along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast Brought Extra BGN 200 M in Revenues
- » Bulgaria Posts Budget Surplus of 3.1% of GDP for End-May
Novinite - it may be permissible for a bunch of wooly-headed "Liberal" idiots in Western Europe to delude themselves but when will you stop calling a bunch of Turkish thieves and gangsters a "liberal party"? We in this country know the truth about the DPS, so you don't have to keep beating about the bush.....