GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Bulgaria’s Top Court Scraps Half of Questions in Referendum Proposed by Slavi's Show
- » Bulgaria Tentatively Approves Anti-Terrorism Bill
- » Bulgaria's Parliament Approves Deputy FinMin as Head of Finance Watchdog
- » Bulgarian MPs to Vote on Anti-Terror Bill
- » Left-wing Parties in Bulgaria Unable to Propose Joint Presidential Nomination - Analyst
- » Bulgaria Takes to Court Three Syrians on Charges of Terrorism