GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Bulgaria to Grant 10 000 People with Refugee Status by End of Year
- » Bulgaria's Former PM Holds No Ambitions of Returning to BSP Leadership
- » Director of Bulgaria’s Registry Agency Removed from Office
- » Bulgarian Parliament Adopts Changes to Electronic Communications Act
- » Bulgaria Parliament Appoints New Audit Office Head
- » Bulgaria’s Economy Minister to Chair Newly Established National Economic Council