GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Bulgarian Government Establishes National Anti-Corruption Council
- » Bulgarian Socialist Opposition Refuses Heading Constitutional Changes Committee
- » Bulgaria Customs Head to Manage Kapitan Andreevo Border Crossing
- » Bulgaria Might Have to Print Local Vote Ballot Papers in Romania
- » Citizens of Bulgaria's Garmen Hold Peaceful Protest Against Illegal Buildings, Thefts
- » MPs Meet First Nominee for Governor of Bulgarian National Bank