GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Italian Military Plane Makes Emergency Landing at Sofia Airport
- » Plovdiv's Mayor Totev Suspended by Bulgarian Court
- » Bulgarian Carriers Ready for Counter Blockade in Case of Greek Farmers Protests
- » 2.1-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Bulgaria's Stara Zagora
- » Plovdiv's Mayor Indicted on New Charges
- » Konstantin Prodanov Elected Head of Bulgarian Ex-President's Party