GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » President Radev Demands EU Role As Mediator Between Macedonia Political Parties
- » Varna Airport Reopens In Wake of Suspicious Luggage Alert
- » President Radev: ‘I Shall Insist On Stronger EU Commitment to Republic of Macedonia’
- » Increased Traffic Police Check Points Over the Weekend
- » Sofia Parliament Adopts Declaration For Macedonia
- » President Radev Voices Concern Over Situation in Macedonia