GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Over 60% of Car Drivers Tested for Drugs in Sofia Area Test Positive
- » Bulgarians Abroad Right to Protest over Election Rules - Ombudsman
- » Bulgaria's PM Meeting Expats over Electoral Code Row
- » EU Team Analyzing Bulgaria's Prosecution to Arrive in May
- » Bulgaria Govt Endorses Spending of BGN 20.5 M for Disaster Management
- » 'Six Vying' to Head Bulgarian Socialist Party on Sunday