GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Syrian Refugee Faces Deportation From Cardiff to Bulgaria
- » Moscow says Bulgaria’s Parliament Recognizes Russian Threat Upon Foreign Instructions
- » Parliament Rejected the Presidential Veto on the Defense Act
- » Georgi Cholakov is the New Chairman of the Supreme Administrative Court
- » Vidin - Calafat Danube Bridge Will be Temporarily Closed
- » No Agreement on Role of Proposed Anticorruption Body