GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Socialist Presidential Candidate Radev: We Need Decisive Change in Refugee Policy
- » ABV Deputy Chairman Rumen Petkov: Interior Ministry Cannot Answer Simple Questions
- » Bulgarian Male Arrested in Greece for Human Trafficking
- » Hemus Highway Blocked
- » Bulgarian Municipalities With Bad Demographic Indicators To Integrate Refugees Permanently
- » Special Traffic Organisation After End of Four-Day Holiday