GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Filmmaker to Set Up Party on Bulgaria's Independence Day
- » PACE Delegation Arrives on Pre-Electoral Visit to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Interior Ministry Headcount May Increase by 1700
- » Gov't Grants BGN 28 M to Municipalities with Assets in KTB
- » Turkey’s Chief Prosecutor to Arrive in Bulgaria on 3-Day Visit
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Govt Suspends Investment Program of Socialist-Led Cabinet