GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Bulgarian MPs Reject Proposal for Limiting Sanctions Against Russia
- » Incumbent, Former Bulgarian Presidents Gather in Council
- » Consultations on Bulgaria's Pension Reform Continue
- » Finance Ministry Reverses Controversial Changes to Pension Insurance
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Makes Governance Programme Public
- » Bulgaria Foresees New Investments for Municipalities Hosting Refugees