GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » The Sofia Municipality Plans to Continue the Subway and Connect it to Simeonovski Lift
- » The Calvert Journal: Bulgaria’s Buzludzha Monument Opens its Doors for the First Time in 8 Years
- » More than 65% of Sofia Residents are not Satisfied with the Cleanliness of the City
- » Woman Stole Donations from the Temple in Novi Han
- » Almost 60% of the Third Metro Line in Sofia Is Ready
- » The Chief Architect of Sofia: Bulgaria will Struggle with the Problems of Postsocialism Restitution for 50 Years