GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Bulgarian Gendarmerie to Assist in Guarding Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria's Local Elections, Referendum to Cost BGN 50 M
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister Assures Border Controls Are Efficient
- » Registration for Participation in Bulgaria's Local Elections Begins
- » Borisov, Tsipras Discuss Greece Refugee Crisis
- » Bulgaria Has Better Financial Outlook for 2016, PM Says