GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » GERB, BSP Draw Consecutive-Number Ballots for Snap Elections
- » Secretary General of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry To Be Dismissed
- » Bulgarian Court Initiates Trial Against Former Defence Minister
- » Fire Bursts Out in Varna Mall
- » 270 Refugees Evacuated in Harmanli Centre Due To Fire
- » Bulgarians Wishing To Vote Abroad Have One Week Left To Apply