GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Bulgaria MPs Pass Revised Anti-Corruption Bill
- » Bulgarian IntMin: Most Powerful Weapon in Countering Terrorism Is Information
- » Bulgaria MPs to Debate on Anti-Corruption Bill
- » Bulgaria's Legal Affairs Committee Rejects Fuel Price Referendum
- » Bulgaria Ex-Justice Min Heads Bulgaria's Top Training Body in Judiciary
- » Bulgarian MPs Adopt Changes to Judicial System Act at First Reading