GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry to Stage New Protests
- » Bulgaria MPs Pass Bill Allowing Expats to Vote in Referendums
- » Nationalist Alliance Patriotic Front to Keep Supporting Bulgaria’s Government
- » Bulgaria Needs to Focus Efforts on Completing Motorway Ring – Minister
- » Bulgaria Raises Retirement Age as Part of Pension Reform
- » Bulgaria Sets Up Animal Police Service