GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Bulgaria’s Tax Agency to Extend Media Sector Inspections to Online Editions
- » Bulgarian Tax Authorities Inspecting Print Media
- » Bulgaria's 6th Largest Parliament Group Dissolved
- » Rejection of Referendum Questions 'Blow to Half Million Citizens' - Bulgarian President
- » Bill on Establishing Single Anti-Corruption Unit in Bulgaria Fails to Pass 1st Reading
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Discuss Anticorruption Law at First Reading