GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Bulgarian Prosecution Denies Reports of Terror Attack Plot
- » Bulgaria 'Aware of Terror Attack Plot' - IntMin
- » Bulgaria Chief Prosecutor to Meet TV Show Host over Referendum
- » Bulgaria's GDP Will Grow in 2017 Despite Political Crisis - Industry Group
- » BSP To Return Mandate
- » CSKA Owner Confirms Meeting Between Banker Vasilev, GERB's Borisov Took Place