GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate
Boiko Borisov, leader of the opposition party GERB, returned the mandate for forming a new Bulgarian government to Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
On Friday Plevneliev will give the mandate to the second largest group in Parliament – the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Next on the list is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
According to procedure, after a government resignation, the President has to give mandate for the formation of a new government within the current parliament to all parties present in it, before disbanding the National Assembly, appointing a date for early elections and setting up a caretaker government.
- » Bulgaria's Socialist Party Demands Cancellation of Sanctions against Russia
- » Tsvetan Tsvetanov Blames 'Russian Interests' for Fall of Previous Borisov Government
- » Bulgarian MPS to Deliberate Amendments to IntMin Act
- » Bulgaria's Govt Approves Updated Judicial Reform Strategy
- » Striking Bulgarian Coal Miners End Protest over Delayed Pay
- » Striking Burgas Miners 'to Get Salaries'