Bulgarian Customs Nab Illicit Cigarettes at Danube Bridge 2
A total of 200,000 cigarettes without Bulgarian excise duty have been confiscated by a mobile team of the customs office in Vidin in a joint operation near Danube Bridge 2.
The excise goods were found inside of a vehicle with Bulgarian registration plate headed for Italy.
The contraband cigarettes were seized, and the case is the subject of an investigation.
Bulgaria's customs officers have also seized a total of 98,000 illicit cigarettes at checkpoint Oltomantsi on the Bulgarian – Serbian border, the Customs Agency reported, Thursday.
The cigarettes were hidden inside of a vehicle, the driver of which was a Bulgarian citizen.
- » Last-Instance Court to Sit on Bulgarian Ex Spy Chief's 10-Year Sentence
- » Bulgaria Handed over 72 Turkish Nationals in 2016
- » Bulgarian Border Police Officers Taken into Custody amid Corruption Charges
- » Arrested Syrian Albakir Planned To Attack Berlin Airport
- » Turkish Citizen Arrested With 30 Kg of Heroin
- » Bulgarian Police Find 65 Migrants Hiding in Cargo Train