Bulgarian Customs Nab Illicit Cigarettes at Danube Bridge 2
A total of 200,000 cigarettes without Bulgarian excise duty have been confiscated by a mobile team of the customs office in Vidin in a joint operation near Danube Bridge 2.
The excise goods were found inside of a vehicle with Bulgarian registration plate headed for Italy.
The contraband cigarettes were seized, and the case is the subject of an investigation.
Bulgaria's customs officers have also seized a total of 98,000 illicit cigarettes at checkpoint Oltomantsi on the Bulgarian – Serbian border, the Customs Agency reported, Thursday.
The cigarettes were hidden inside of a vehicle, the driver of which was a Bulgarian citizen.
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain Three Dutch Citizens Suspected of Terrorism
- » Bulgaria Refuses to Extradite Len Homeniuk to Kyrgyzstan
- » Ex Chair of Varna Administrative Court Conclusively Convicted in Bribery Case
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 30 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Railway Workers Find Abandoned Bag with 2.8kg of TNT near Tracks
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize 42 Kg Heroin Hidden in Truck’s Wheels