Bulgarian Customs Nab Illicit Cigarettes at Danube Bridge 2
A total of 200,000 cigarettes without Bulgarian excise duty have been confiscated by a mobile team of the customs office in Vidin in a joint operation near Danube Bridge 2.
The excise goods were found inside of a vehicle with Bulgarian registration plate headed for Italy.
The contraband cigarettes were seized, and the case is the subject of an investigation.
Bulgaria's customs officers have also seized a total of 98,000 illicit cigarettes at checkpoint Oltomantsi on the Bulgarian – Serbian border, the Customs Agency reported, Thursday.
The cigarettes were hidden inside of a vehicle, the driver of which was a Bulgarian citizen.
- » Russia Could Have Laundered Up to USD 80 B Via Moldova, Latvia
- » E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
- » Drunk Man Tries to Steal a Car with Small child in Sofia
- » Migrant Injured as Border Police Chase Smugglers' Car
- » Three Bombs Explode in Central Sofia, Police Looking into Hooliganism
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US Quits Warsaw Job after Cosmetics Incident - JTA