Bulgarian Customs Nab Illicit Cigarettes at Danube Bridge 2
A total of 200,000 cigarettes without Bulgarian excise duty have been confiscated by a mobile team of the customs office in Vidin in a joint operation near Danube Bridge 2.
The excise goods were found inside of a vehicle with Bulgarian registration plate headed for Italy.
The contraband cigarettes were seized, and the case is the subject of an investigation.
Bulgaria's customs officers have also seized a total of 98,000 illicit cigarettes at checkpoint Oltomantsi on the Bulgarian – Serbian border, the Customs Agency reported, Thursday.
The cigarettes were hidden inside of a vehicle, the driver of which was a Bulgarian citizen.
- » Bulgaria's DANS, Europol Bust Suspected People Smuggling Ring
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Drops Charges Against Former Interior Minister
- » Chief of Bulgaria's Largest Customs Office Accused of Taking Bribe
- » French Terror Suspect to Be Extradited from Bulgaria Thursday
- » Chief of Bulgaria's Largest Customs Agency Unit Detained in Special Operation
- » British Tourist’s Drug-Related Death in Bulgaria Occurred ’by Misadventure’