Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
A flight of Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, has disappeared from radar en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers, Thursday.
Contact with flight AH5017 was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline said, as quoted by Algeria's state news agency.
The passenger aircraft which had 110 passengers and six crew members on board was last seen at 01:55 GMT, the BBC reports.
Air Algerie has launched an emergency plan in keeping with aviation procedures, the officials said.
The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.
- » Macedonian Opposition Leader Zaev Expects Crisis Will Be Over by End-June
- » Russian Official Declares Mistral Deal Dead
- » British Queen Announces EU Referendum to Be Held Before End of 2017
- » Danish Prime Minister Calls Early General Election in June
- » NATO Chief Urges Russia to Avoid Snap Military Drills
- » FIFA Issues Statement Regarding Switzerland Arrests