Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
A flight of Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, has disappeared from radar en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers, Thursday.
Contact with flight AH5017 was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline said, as quoted by Algeria's state news agency.
The passenger aircraft which had 110 passengers and six crew members on board was last seen at 01:55 GMT, the BBC reports.
Air Algerie has launched an emergency plan in keeping with aviation procedures, the officials said.
The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says
- » Putin Says Russia’s Economic Woes Will Be Over in Two Years