Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
A flight of Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, has disappeared from radar en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers, Thursday.
Contact with flight AH5017 was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline said, as quoted by Algeria's state news agency.
The passenger aircraft which had 110 passengers and six crew members on board was last seen at 01:55 GMT, the BBC reports.
Air Algerie has launched an emergency plan in keeping with aviation procedures, the officials said.
The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.
- » Serbia Calls on EU to Define Clear Policy on Migrants
- » EU Ambassadors Agree to Extend Sanctions Against Russia over Ukraine Crisis
- » Passportless Migrants Protest in Budapest at Hungary’s Travel Ban
- » Clashes Near Ukraine’s Parliament Deepen Rifts in Ruling Coalition
- » EU to Extend Sanctions Against Russian, Ukrainian Individuals, Companies
- » Greek Authorities Detain Bulgarian Human Trafficker in Thessaloniki