Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
A flight of Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, has disappeared from radar en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers, Thursday.
Contact with flight AH5017 was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline said, as quoted by Algeria's state news agency.
The passenger aircraft which had 110 passengers and six crew members on board was last seen at 01:55 GMT, the BBC reports.
Air Algerie has launched an emergency plan in keeping with aviation procedures, the officials said.
The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.
- » Result of July 5 Referendum in Greece Too Close to Call – Poll
- » Donbass Introduces Special Regime of Self-Governance, to Hold Local Elections
- » Ferry with 173 Capsizes in Central Philippines
- » Ukraine President Says No Special Status for Donbass in Constitution
- » Eurogroup to Halt Talks with Greece Until After Bailout Referendum
- » Islamic State Fighters Reportedly Travelling in EU on Bulgarian Passports