Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
A flight of Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, has disappeared from radar en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers, Thursday.
Contact with flight AH5017 was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline said, as quoted by Algeria's state news agency.
The passenger aircraft which had 110 passengers and six crew members on board was last seen at 01:55 GMT, the BBC reports.
Air Algerie has launched an emergency plan in keeping with aviation procedures, the officials said.
The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam
- » European Parliament Approves Jean-Claude Juncker Commission
- » New European Commission To Be Voted Wednesday In Strasbourg
- » UK to Send Spy Drones Over Syria in Broadening of Anti-IS Campaign
- » Turkey Adopts Tough Measures Against Violation of Public Order
- » Russian State Telecom To Launch Counterpart of Skype