Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
A flight of Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, has disappeared from radar en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers, Thursday.
Contact with flight AH5017 was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline said, as quoted by Algeria's state news agency.
The passenger aircraft which had 110 passengers and six crew members on board was last seen at 01:55 GMT, the BBC reports.
Air Algerie has launched an emergency plan in keeping with aviation procedures, the officials said.
The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.
- » EU Leaders Hope UK Will Remain Close Partner After Brexit
- » Turkey Has Not Yet Confirmed Suspension of Readmission Agreement with Bulgaria
- » Northern Irish Deputy First Minister Calls for Poll on Unification with Ireland
- » IntMin: Migrant Pressure on Bulgaria Has Decreased This Year
- » Scotland Plans Second Independence Referendum After UK Votes for Brexit
- » EU Must Focus on Pillars of Unity after UK’s Leave Vote, Thorbjorn Jagland Says