Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
A flight of Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, has disappeared from radar en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers, Thursday.
Contact with flight AH5017 was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline said, as quoted by Algeria's state news agency.
The passenger aircraft which had 110 passengers and six crew members on board was last seen at 01:55 GMT, the BBC reports.
Air Algerie has launched an emergency plan in keeping with aviation procedures, the officials said.
The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.
- » Diplomats Say Russia Targets Bulgaria, 6 Other EU States in Drive to Kill Sanctions - Reuters
- » Over 250,000 Migrants Arrive in Europe by Sea in 2016 - IOM
- » Red Cross Warns of Worsening Humanitarian Situation in Iraq
- » Migrant Arrivals in Greece Increase after Failed Coup Attempt in Turkey
- » Germany to Stick to Open-Door Policy on Refugees, Chancellor Merkel Says
- » France to Form National Guard to Help Counter Terror Attacks