Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
A flight of Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, has disappeared from radar en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers, Thursday.
Contact with flight AH5017 was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline said, as quoted by Algeria's state news agency.
The passenger aircraft which had 110 passengers and six crew members on board was last seen at 01:55 GMT, the BBC reports.
Air Algerie has launched an emergency plan in keeping with aviation procedures, the officials said.
The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.
- » Asylum Seekers Start Relocating from Italy to Sweden under EU Plan
- » Turkey’s Anadolu Agency Photojournalist Killed in Syria
- » Moldova to Build EUR 83 M Gas Pipeline to Chisinau from Border with Romania
- » Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet Wins 2015 Nobel Peace Prize
- » Four Bulgarians Added to Ukraine's Street Names 'Blacklist'
- » FIFA Ethics Committee Provisionally Bans Blatter, Platini for 90 Days