Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
A flight of Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, has disappeared from radar en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers, Thursday.
Contact with flight AH5017 was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline said, as quoted by Algeria's state news agency.
The passenger aircraft which had 110 passengers and six crew members on board was last seen at 01:55 GMT, the BBC reports.
Air Algerie has launched an emergency plan in keeping with aviation procedures, the officials said.
The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.
- » NATO Urges Russia to Stop Supporting Separatists in Eastern Ukraine
- » Tsipras Sworn In as Greek Prime Minister
- » SYRIZA Win Pushes Euro to 11-Year Low
- » Greece's SYRIZA, ANEL Agree to Form New Gov't
- » Macedonia's Foreign Minister Visiting Albania to Boost Cooperation
- » SYRIZA Vows to Avoid Grexit as Talks Begin with Independent Greeks