Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
A flight of Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, has disappeared from radar en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers, Thursday.
Contact with flight AH5017 was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline said, as quoted by Algeria's state news agency.
The passenger aircraft which had 110 passengers and six crew members on board was last seen at 01:55 GMT, the BBC reports.
Air Algerie has launched an emergency plan in keeping with aviation procedures, the officials said.
The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.
- » 11 Killed, 40 Injured in Ukraine's Donetsk Shelling
- » Spain's Top Court Halts Catalan Independence Referendum
- » Turkish MPs to Decide on Green Light to Syria, Iraq Intervention
- » Caspian Sea Countries Adopt Cooperation Agreement
- » EU-IMF Troika Returs to Greece for Final Audit
- » Afghanistan's New President Sworn In