Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
A flight of Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, has disappeared from radar en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers, Thursday.
Contact with flight AH5017 was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline said, as quoted by Algeria's state news agency.
The passenger aircraft which had 110 passengers and six crew members on board was last seen at 01:55 GMT, the BBC reports.
Air Algerie has launched an emergency plan in keeping with aviation procedures, the officials said.
The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.
- » Erdogan Says Turkey Could Sent Millions of Migrants to Europe
- » NATO Ships in Aegean to Help EU Stem People Smuggling
- » Protesting Greek Farmers Renew Blockades Along Bulgarian-Greek Border
- » Serbia Ready to Follow Suit if Others on Balkan Migrant Route Close Borders
- » Macedonia Calls for EU-wide Solution to Migrant Crisis
- » France's Foreign Minister 'Steps Down'