Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
A flight of Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, has disappeared from radar en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers, Thursday.
Contact with flight AH5017 was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline said, as quoted by Algeria's state news agency.
The passenger aircraft which had 110 passengers and six crew members on board was last seen at 01:55 GMT, the BBC reports.
Air Algerie has launched an emergency plan in keeping with aviation procedures, the officials said.
The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.
- » Turkish Authorities Warn of Possible Terror Attacks in Cities
- » Greece Starts Talks on New Bailout Package with Creditors
- » No Agreement to Set up No-Fly Zone in Turkey, US Official Says
- » Turkey Hasn’t Asked for ‘Substantial’ NATO Help - Stoltenberg
- » Cost of Macedonia's Skopje 2014 'Soared to EUR 560 M'
- » Turkey PM Hails Strikes on IS, PKK before NATO Meeting