Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
A flight of Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, has disappeared from radar en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers, Thursday.
Contact with flight AH5017 was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline said, as quoted by Algeria's state news agency.
The passenger aircraft which had 110 passengers and six crew members on board was last seen at 01:55 GMT, the BBC reports.
Air Algerie has launched an emergency plan in keeping with aviation procedures, the officials said.
The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.
- » Hollande, Putin Meet to Discuss Broad Coalition against ‘Common Enemy’
- » President Erdogan: Turkey Won’t Apologize for Shooting down Russian Bomber
- » Migrants Stranded in Greece Try to Break into Macedonia
- » Russia Plans to Strengthen Control of Turkish Food Imports
- » 15 People Killed, 10 Others Injured as Russian Helicopter Crashes in Eastern Siberia
- » EU Commission President Says Schengen Is “Partly Comatose”