Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
A flight of Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, has disappeared from radar en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers, Thursday.
Contact with flight AH5017 was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline said, as quoted by Algeria's state news agency.
The passenger aircraft which had 110 passengers and six crew members on board was last seen at 01:55 GMT, the BBC reports.
Air Algerie has launched an emergency plan in keeping with aviation procedures, the officials said.
The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.
- » Spain Terror Cell Had 120 Gas Canisters
- » British Tourists 'Terrified' as Fighter Jet Tracks Passenger Plane'
- » Barcelona’s Iconic Sagrada Familia - Prime Target of Terrorists’ Botched Bombing Plot
- » German Writer Critical of Turkey's Erdogan Arrested in Spain
- » Spanish Government Maintains Security Alert Level, Says No Attack Imminent
- » Lebanese Army: No Coordination with Hezbollah, Syria in IS attack