Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
A flight of Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, has disappeared from radar en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers, Thursday.
Contact with flight AH5017 was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline said, as quoted by Algeria's state news agency.
The passenger aircraft which had 110 passengers and six crew members on board was last seen at 01:55 GMT, the BBC reports.
Air Algerie has launched an emergency plan in keeping with aviation procedures, the officials said.
The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.
- » Tony Blair Urges West-Russia Cooperation Against Islamic Extremism
- » Juncker Unveils EUR 300 B Investment Plan Ahead of No Confidence Vote
- » Catalonia 'Could Break Away in 18 Months' - President
- » Second Night of Unrest in Ferguson, Protests Held Across US
- » French President Suspends Delivery of First Mistral Warship to Russia
- » Turkey 'in Talks' with Westinghouse on Third NPP