Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
A flight of Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, has disappeared from radar en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers, Thursday.
Contact with flight AH5017 was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline said, as quoted by Algeria's state news agency.
The passenger aircraft which had 110 passengers and six crew members on board was last seen at 01:55 GMT, the BBC reports.
Air Algerie has launched an emergency plan in keeping with aviation procedures, the officials said.
The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.
- » Iraq Holds Military Parade Celebrating Victory Over Islamic State
- » Is the Middle East Facing a New Conflict?
- » Israel Gears up For Second Day of Violent Protests Over Jerusalem
- » 14 Peacekeepers were Killed in an Attack in Congo
- » Two Palestinians were Killed in an Israeli Air Strike in the Gaza Strip
- » Giant Avocado can Set a World Record