Bulgaria's Sunny Beach – Cheapest EU Tourist Destination for Brits
Bulgaria and Spain's Costa del Sol are the best holiday destinations for British tourists, the study of British website Post Office Travel Money shows.
According to the survey, British families can get more food, drinks and beach accessories for less money on the beaches of Spain and Bulgaria compared to the rest of the European resorts.
Due to the strong pound, European resorts are 31% cheaper, the study said. However, Italy and France remain the most expensive holiday destinations as beach accessories may be 80% more expensive in some of the two countries' resorts.
The study takes into account the prices of 15 typical holiday items and services in 13 popular European resorts and in Orlando, Florida. These include a family lunch, beach items and soft and alcoholic drinks.
Bulgaria's Black Sea resort Sunny Beach ranks first in terms of low prices, with a total of GBP 66 for all the holiday expenses. The resort is followed by Spanish region of Costa del Sol with GBP 80 and the Greek island of Crete with GBP 87.
Italian Sorrento is one of the most expensive resorts as the aforementioned items there cost some GBP 143. It is only surpassed by the city of Nice on the French Riviera.
- » Clouds to Develop in Afternoon, with Rains in Some Areas
- » Top 10 Places to Visit in Plovdiv
- » Wizz Air to Launch 2 New Flights from Sofia in 2018
- » Bulgarian Minister of Tourism Discusses Possibilities for Developmnet of Medicinal Tourism
- » Hotel Revenues up by Almost 17% YoY
- » Minister of Tourism: 'Chinese Market is Huge Opportunity'