Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment has warned of expected rise of river water levels throughout the country on Thursday.
Local flash floods due to heavy rainfalls and increased soil moisture are also possible, Bulgaria's Telegraph Agency reports.
Bulgaria's Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology forecast for Thursday is for rainfalls in many parts of the country, more excessive in the central and eastern Bulgarian regions.
This will lead to significant increases in the water levels of a number of rivers, including Ogosta, Iskar, Vit, Osam, Yantra, Lom, Tundzha, Struma and Maritza.
The operational unit of the Ministry of Environment and Water remains on high alert.
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd Worldwide In Terms Of Deats Due To Air Pollution
- » Extreme Risk of Fire in 5 Bulgarian Regions on Sunday
- » Extreme Risk of Fire Declared in 10 Bulgarian Regions
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday