Bulgarian President to Turn 1st Sod on Scientific&Tech Park in Sofia
President Rosen Plevneliev is to turn the first sod on the first sites in Bulgaria's first scientific and technological park.
The project is implemented by the Sofia Tech Park AD company, according to reports of Sega daily, based on a statement of the President's press office.
The ceremony will be held on the territory of the former military barracks on the 4th kilometer junction of Tsarigradsko Shose in Sofia.
The project for the park is implemented under the Operational Program "Competitiveness" 2007-2013 with a grant of EUR 42.5 M and EUR 7.5 in national co-financing and is to be completed by end-September 2015.
The project envisages, among other things, a business incubator, applied research laboratories, innovative lecture halls, an "experimentarium", sites for the demonstration of new technologies, a car park and green spaces and pedestrian areas.
As a result of the implementation of the project, 20 000 m2 of new and renovated buildings are to be opened.
- » Trips by Bulgarians Abroad Dip in October, Foreigners’ Visits Rise
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Invites Deputy to Resign
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Plans Focus on Advertisement, Sustainable Development in 2015
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding Conducts Top-level Reshuffle at Several Companies
- » Russia Will Build South Stream if Europe Wants to Reduce Gas Transit Risks - Minister
- » Minister Vows Comprehensive Audit of Bulgaria’s Energy Sector