Bulgaria's Sunny Beach 'Knocks Back' 20 Tonnes of Alcohol Daily
Tourists in Bulgaria's Black Sea Sunny Beach resort consume the astounding 20 tonnes of alcoholic beverages per day, according to a survey of Bulgarian Telegraph Daily.
"Considering that currently there are more than 200,000 people in the resort, who drink 100-200 grams of spirits per person per day, one can calculate the amounts of alcohol being consumed," a former bartender told Telegraph.
Figures vary and depend directly on the weather conditions. If the day is cool and rainy, tourists are less likely to stay long in the outdoor bars.
Liquor sales are expected to grow in a few days when the peak season starts and the tourist influx increases, Money.bg notes.
A total of 350 tonnes of spirits will be consumed only in the resorts near the city of Varna during the summer season, mainly vodka and tequila, according to the print edition.
- » The Weather Today Will be Sunny With Temperatures Between 25°C and 30°C
- » Today Is European 'No Elevators Day'
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Bulgaria Ranks Lowest Among All EU Countries in Reporters Without Borders’ World Press Freedom Index
- » Employment Rate in Bulgaria Going Up
- » Two People Dead, One’s Life in Danger After Road Accidents in the Past Day