Bulgaria's Sunny Beach 'Knocks Back' 20 Tonnes of Alcohol Daily
Tourists in Bulgaria's Black Sea Sunny Beach resort consume the astounding 20 tonnes of alcoholic beverages per day, according to a survey of Bulgarian Telegraph Daily.
"Considering that currently there are more than 200,000 people in the resort, who drink 100-200 grams of spirits per person per day, one can calculate the amounts of alcohol being consumed," a former bartender told Telegraph.
Figures vary and depend directly on the weather conditions. If the day is cool and rainy, tourists are less likely to stay long in the outdoor bars.
Liquor sales are expected to grow in a few days when the peak season starts and the tourist influx increases, Money.bg notes.
A total of 350 tonnes of spirits will be consumed only in the resorts near the city of Varna during the summer season, mainly vodka and tequila, according to the print edition.
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
- » Economist Intelligence Unit: Singapore Most Expensive City Worldwide
- » Personality in the News Awards 2017
- » US Billionaire Philanthropist David Rockefeller Dies at 101
- » Vernal Equinox: First Day of Spring 2017
- » Malyovitsa Hut Awarded Best Tourist Chalet of 2016