Bulgaria's Sunny Beach 'Knocks Back' 20 Tonnes of Alcohol Daily
Tourists in Bulgaria's Black Sea Sunny Beach resort consume the astounding 20 tonnes of alcoholic beverages per day, according to a survey of Bulgarian Telegraph Daily.
"Considering that currently there are more than 200,000 people in the resort, who drink 100-200 grams of spirits per person per day, one can calculate the amounts of alcohol being consumed," a former bartender told Telegraph.
Figures vary and depend directly on the weather conditions. If the day is cool and rainy, tourists are less likely to stay long in the outdoor bars.
Liquor sales are expected to grow in a few days when the peak season starts and the tourist influx increases, Money.bg notes.
A total of 350 tonnes of spirits will be consumed only in the resorts near the city of Varna during the summer season, mainly vodka and tequila, according to the print edition.
- » Hurricane Ophelia Hit Ireland, Trees have Fallen and Power Lines were Destroyed
- » The Tenth Edition of the Awards "Person of the Year" Now Accepting Nominations
- » There are no Translators who Want to Work for the State Agency for Refugees
- » The State will Allocate BGN 7-8 Million for School Psychologists
- » The Sofia Marathon is Today, No Cars Allowed in the City Center
- » The 10 most Sinister Events that Happen on Friday 13th