Bulgaria's Sunny Beach 'Knocks Back' 20 Tonnes of Alcohol Daily
Tourists in Bulgaria's Black Sea Sunny Beach resort consume the astounding 20 tonnes of alcoholic beverages per day, according to a survey of Bulgarian Telegraph Daily.
"Considering that currently there are more than 200,000 people in the resort, who drink 100-200 grams of spirits per person per day, one can calculate the amounts of alcohol being consumed," a former bartender told Telegraph.
Figures vary and depend directly on the weather conditions. If the day is cool and rainy, tourists are less likely to stay long in the outdoor bars.
Liquor sales are expected to grow in a few days when the peak season starts and the tourist influx increases, Money.bg notes.
A total of 350 tonnes of spirits will be consumed only in the resorts near the city of Varna during the summer season, mainly vodka and tequila, according to the print edition.
- » Damage after Harmanli Riots Reaches BGN 0.1 M
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Sofia's 1st Living Christmas Tree to Be Lit Up on Thursday
- » Bulgarian MPs Vote to Oblige Telecoms to Give Data on Missing Persons
- » Bulgarian MPs Keep Health Insurance Contribution at 8%
- » Theodore Ushev's Animation with Chance for Oscar Nominations 2017