Taiwan Plane Crash Leaves over 40 Dead
A TransAsia Airways passenger plane with 54 passengers on board crashed after a failed emergency landing in Taiwan.
More than 40 people are feared dead, with CNN announcing a death toll of 45 on the basis of reports of Taiwan's Central News Agency.
ABC News informs that the plane crash claimed 51 lives and left 7 injured.
The plane had 54 passengers and 4 crew members on board.
The aircraft crashed near Magong airport on the Penghu Island late on Wednesday.
- » Greece’s Referendum: Where Do ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ Votes Lead?
- » Tight Race Expected at Greece’s Bailout Referendum
- » Polling Stations Open in Crucial Bailout Referendum in Greece
- » Switzerland Imposes Measures to Battle Increased Ozone Levels
- » Clashes between Protesters and Police Raise Turmoil in Athens
- » Berlin Allegedly Would Save EUR 1 B Following Athens Crisis