28-Year-Old Man Wounded in Shoting in Sofia
A 28-year-old man was shot and wounded in Sofia's Lyulin 4 district.
The man was taken to the Pirogov hospital in a life-threatening condition, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
Police received a tip-off for the shooting in front of a block of flats in the Lyulin 4 district at around 2:10 pm on Wednesday.
A team of police officers was immediately dispatched to the site.
The police officers found a man who had been shot and wounded.
His identity was established and he was found to have no criminal record.
The man was found to be the owner of a funeral agency, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
He was living in a flat on the 11th floor of Block 436 in the Lyulin district, in front of which he was shot.
The shooter was found to have fired six shots, three of which injured the man in the shoulder, the arm and the leg. The victim managed to hide in the entrance of the block of flats, where he was found and taken to hospital.
The site is still being inspected and the offenders are wanted.
- » Jihadis 'Traveling on Fake Passports from Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria Earns Praise from Europol for Busting Workshop for Forged Euro Notes
- » Cash Machine Stolen in Bulgaria’s Velingrad
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 29 Migrants Near Vratsa
- » Bulgaria Parliament ex-Official Faces Renewed Tax Evasion Trial
- » Bulgarian Counter-Intelligence Official Goes to Court for Disclosing 'State Secret'