New National Strategy to Set Up Lobby of Bulgarians Living Abroad
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has adopted a National Strategy for Bulgarian citizens and Bulgarian communities worldwide, the Government press center announced, Wednesday.
The strategy seeks to create a framework for the establishment of a complex, long-term and integrated state policy for Bulgarian citizens and historic Bulgarian communities abroad.
The strategic objectives are oriented towards the integration and the inclusion of Bulgarian citizens abroad to the state and sociopolitical life in Bulgaria, the preservation of the Bulgarian ethnocultural space abroad, the improvement of the migration balance in the country, the promotion of the positive image of Bulgaria around the world, the establishment and the maintenance of a Bulgarian lobby abroad, Dnevnik informs.
Through the strategy mechanisms and policies the government expects to improve the coordination and the collaboration of all relevant structures, to achieve effective cooperation between state institutions, NGOs and academic institutions, among others.
The National Strategy is realized through the implementation of programs and plans which include specific measures, goals, activities, sources of financing and expected results, the statement says.
- » Car Crash Hampers Traffic on Bulgaria’s Trakia Motorway
- » Bulgaria Holds Military Parade to Mark Army Day
- » Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov to Meet with Deputy U.S. Secretary of State Anthony Blinken
- » Bulgaria's Ombudsman Could Seek Rejection of Disputed New Election Rules
- » Bulgaria's PM Calls for EU Solidarity on Refugee Relocation Quotas
- » Over 60% of Car Drivers Tested for Drugs in Sofia Area Test Positive
I only hope it is not done in the old Soviet-style impractical "programma"s. I wish they looked into the experience of Japan and China though. What I have in mind is their effectiveness in importing best experience and vanguard achievements from all over the world into those countries by using japanese and chinese abroad.