Gov't Allocates BGN 18 M to Ministries, Discusses Resignation
Budgets of Bulgarian ministries were reinforced at Wednesday's session held by the cabinet, amid expectations that the government is to step down.
Some BGN 7.365 M were granted to the Finance Ministry, and the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy received BGN 3 M.
About a million BGN more are to be spent at the Agriculture Ministry on anti-hail missiles, amid this summer's severe weather conditions that saw thousands of decares of crops destroyed across the country.
The national intelligence service will be given additional BGN 2 M worth of funding for "current expenses".
Another BGN 4 M will go to the Ministry of Education and Science, with most of the money to be spent on a multi-purpose computer facility at the Bulgarian Academy of Science.
The Council of Ministers' move was also aimed at boosting revenues and reducing the administrative burden on businesses.
Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski's resignation was also on the agenda.
Agriculture Minister Dimitar Grekov told Darik Radio after the meeting that the step had been discussed, but it was in the competences of Oresharski to decide when it should be taken.
Deputy Prime Minister Daniela Bobeva confirmed that the cabinet meeting held hours before had been "the last one" before it submitted its resignation.
- » Vidin - Calafat Danube Bridge Will be Temporarily Closed
- » No Agreement on Role of Proposed Anticorruption Body
- » About 30% of Children in Refugee Centers go to School
- » BGN 80 Million is the Budget for Road Cleaning during the Winter
- » Bulgaria Media Still Under Political Pressure
- » Residents of the Mladost Quarter of Sofia Protest Because of Lack of Lighting