EIB to Assist Bulgarian Railway Infrastructure Co in Tariff Formation
The European Investment Bank (EIB) is to provide technical aid to Bulgaria's National Company Railway Infrastructure (NRIC).
The EIB is to cooperate with Bulgaria's NRIC on the formation of a tariff policy for the access and use of the railway infrastructure under the Operational Program "Transport" 2007-2013.
The decision adopted by the Bulgarian government on Wednesday aims to pave the way for concrete actions for the preparation of a proposal for a new tariff policy and a methodology for calculating infrastructure fees collected by the NRIC from the railway carriers in line with EU Directives and national law.
The signing and the implementation of the Agreement is to guarantee equal and fair access to the railway infrastructure for all transport operators, quality services and appropriate management of the demand for access to infrastructure, streamlined management and control of resources and optimized maintenance and exploitation of the existing railway infrastructure, greater transparency of the management of the NRIC and the introduction of good business practices, greater competition on the transport market and consistency with the state goals in the sphere of transport.
- » Borisov to the MEPs: If there is so much Corruption, How are we Always First in Elections (Video)
- » Boyko Borisov Presents the Presidency's Priorities to the European Parliament
- » Experts Argue Whether Prices Would Rise if Bulgaria Introduces the Euro
- » The Speech of Donald Tusk Delivered in Bulgarian (Video)
- » Euronews: Bulgaria is Applying for Schengen by Strictly Guarding its Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria is Third in the EU to be Financed by the Juncker Plan in Respect to GDP