EC Approves Bulgaria's Public Procurement Strategy 2014-2020
The European Commission has approved Bulgaria's newly adopted National Strategy for the Development of the Public Procurement Sector in 2014-2020.
In a letter to the Bulgarian authorities, the Directors-General of the Directorates-General for Internal Market and Services and Regional and Urban Policy of the EC welcomed the new strategy adopted on July 9, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio, citing the government's press office.
The heads of the two Directorates-General of the EC noted that Bulgaria was the first of the countries experiencing systemic problems to take structured and decisive actions to overcome them.
According to a media statement of the Bulgarian government, it is putting serious efforts into restoring the frozen payments under the EU operational programs "Environment" and "Regional Development".
The payments under the "Environment" Operational Program are to be restarted in a few weeks and the funding under the "Regional Development" Operational Program is to be unblocked in the autumn at the latest.
The Bulgarian economy received over BGN 1.6 B during the term in office of the current government under the Structural and Cohesion Funds.
- » Sergei Stanishev: EU’s Main Task Is To Restore The Spirit Of Solidarity
- » A Bulgarian Horo is Going to Take Place For the 5th Time on Brussels’ Central Square
- » Iliana Iotova: ‘We All Need to Unite For Successful EU Presidency
- » Deputy PM Denitsa Zlateva: Caretaker Government Set the Preparations For EU Presidency
- » Bulgaria Starts to Implement New System For Organic Products’s Certification
- » Vera Jourova: EC Has Not Promised to Lift Monitoring on Bulgaria in 2019