Bulgaria Can Handle 1,000 Migrants Monthly – Interior Minister
Bulgaria implements all necessary measures to manage the influx of immigrants, Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev said, Wednesday.
Currently, the state can handle up to 1,000 migrants a month, Yovchev told reporters noting that the refugee accommodation centers in the country are 70% free.
According to the Interior Minister, there is no emergency situation at the moment, BGNES reports. However, he admitted that there was an increase in pressure, and mentioned the large number of refugees in Turkey, as a result of the Middle East and Afghanistan crisis.
Minister Yovchev claimed that there is a decline in the influx of refugees in Bulgaria, but not as considerable as the authorities have expected.The newly built fence along the Bulgarian border is of great help, too, Yovchev added.
- » The Price of Water is Rising in 14 Regions of the Country
- » Police Trade Unions Will Protest Before Christmas
- » Water and Energy Regulatory Commission Decides on the Final Increasing Price of water in 14 Districts Since January 1
- » Unified Security System Will be Presented Today in Sofia
- » International Report: A Large Part of Islamic State's Weapons are Bulgarian
- » MPs will Discuss the State Debt of the Country