Bulgaria Can Handle 1,000 Migrants Monthly – Interior Minister
Bulgaria implements all necessary measures to manage the influx of immigrants, Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev said, Wednesday.
Currently, the state can handle up to 1,000 migrants a month, Yovchev told reporters noting that the refugee accommodation centers in the country are 70% free.
According to the Interior Minister, there is no emergency situation at the moment, BGNES reports. However, he admitted that there was an increase in pressure, and mentioned the large number of refugees in Turkey, as a result of the Middle East and Afghanistan crisis.
Minister Yovchev claimed that there is a decline in the influx of refugees in Bulgaria, but not as considerable as the authorities have expected.The newly built fence along the Bulgarian border is of great help, too, Yovchev added.
- » Bulgaria’s Vice President Popova Becomes BIA Deputy Chairman
- » Code Yellow Declared in 7 of Bulgaria's Regions
- » Queues of Over 10 km at Both Danube Bridges
- » Registration Plates of 30 Vehicles Taken Off on First Day of Sanctions
- » Radev's First Days: Caretaker Govt Appointment, Disbanding of Parliament
- » Borisov: No Coalitions, 1 Million Votes for GERB