Bulgaria Can Handle 1,000 Migrants Monthly – Interior Minister
Bulgaria implements all necessary measures to manage the influx of immigrants, Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev said, Wednesday.
Currently, the state can handle up to 1,000 migrants a month, Yovchev told reporters noting that the refugee accommodation centers in the country are 70% free.
According to the Interior Minister, there is no emergency situation at the moment, BGNES reports. However, he admitted that there was an increase in pressure, and mentioned the large number of refugees in Turkey, as a result of the Middle East and Afghanistan crisis.
Minister Yovchev claimed that there is a decline in the influx of refugees in Bulgaria, but not as considerable as the authorities have expected.The newly built fence along the Bulgarian border is of great help, too, Yovchev added.
- » Bulgaria is First in Europe in Increase of the Number of Prisoners in 2016
- » Constitutional Court will Initiate a Case in Relation to the Istanbul Convention
- » A New Road will Connect Smolyan and Madan, Asphalting Starts on March 21st
- » 150 are the Dams in the Country that are in a Bad Condition
- » 570 km of Roads will be Repaired with Budget Funds this Year
- » The Ombudsman Wants Citizens to be Able to Challenge Prices of Electricity, Heating and Gas,