Bulgaria Can Handle 1,000 Migrants Monthly – Interior Minister
Bulgaria implements all necessary measures to manage the influx of immigrants, Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev said, Wednesday.
Currently, the state can handle up to 1,000 migrants a month, Yovchev told reporters noting that the refugee accommodation centers in the country are 70% free.
According to the Interior Minister, there is no emergency situation at the moment, BGNES reports. However, he admitted that there was an increase in pressure, and mentioned the large number of refugees in Turkey, as a result of the Middle East and Afghanistan crisis.
Minister Yovchev claimed that there is a decline in the influx of refugees in Bulgaria, but not as considerable as the authorities have expected.The newly built fence along the Bulgarian border is of great help, too, Yovchev added.
- » Bulgaria's Govt Warns of 'Plot to Discredit PM'
- » Bulgaria’s New Education Minister Kuneva Vows Transparency
- » Bulgarian Parliament Elects Meglena Kuneva as New Education Minister
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Vote on Kuneva's Nomination for Education Minister
- » Bulgaria MPs Remain Divided ahead of Vote on Education Min Candidate
- » MPs from Bulgaria's Ruling Coalition to Hear Candidate for New Education Minister