Bulgaria Can Handle 1,000 Migrants Monthly – Interior Minister
Bulgaria implements all necessary measures to manage the influx of immigrants, Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev said, Wednesday.
Currently, the state can handle up to 1,000 migrants a month, Yovchev told reporters noting that the refugee accommodation centers in the country are 70% free.
According to the Interior Minister, there is no emergency situation at the moment, BGNES reports. However, he admitted that there was an increase in pressure, and mentioned the large number of refugees in Turkey, as a result of the Middle East and Afghanistan crisis.
Minister Yovchev claimed that there is a decline in the influx of refugees in Bulgaria, but not as considerable as the authorities have expected.The newly built fence along the Bulgarian border is of great help, too, Yovchev added.
- » 281 Illegal Migrants Detained at Border with Romania Since Start of 2015
- » Bulgaria Unveils Plans to Increase Retirement Age, Pension Insurance Payments
- » Road Infrastructure Agency Chief Decries Prolonged Underfunding
- » Bulgarian Deputy PM Kuneva Unveils Proposal for Unified Anti-Corruption Unit
- » Delicacies to be Served in Bulgarian Government Planes
- » Bulgaria Needs New Body to Fight Graft Among Politicians - Audit Office Chief