Bulgaria Can Handle 1,000 Migrants Monthly – Interior Minister
Bulgaria implements all necessary measures to manage the influx of immigrants, Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev said, Wednesday.
Currently, the state can handle up to 1,000 migrants a month, Yovchev told reporters noting that the refugee accommodation centers in the country are 70% free.
According to the Interior Minister, there is no emergency situation at the moment, BGNES reports. However, he admitted that there was an increase in pressure, and mentioned the large number of refugees in Turkey, as a result of the Middle East and Afghanistan crisis.
Minister Yovchev claimed that there is a decline in the influx of refugees in Bulgaria, but not as considerable as the authorities have expected.The newly built fence along the Bulgarian border is of great help, too, Yovchev added.
- » Lorry Carrying Gas Bottles Caught Fire on Plovdiv-Karlovo Road
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister Stopped The Public Order for the Emergency Number 112
- » Tsvetan Kitov is Re-Appointed as Chairman of the State Agency For Technical Operations
- » Emergency Phone 112 will not Stop Working for People
- » The Interior Ministry has Appointed 934 New Policemen this Year
- » Konstantin Kamenarov is the New Director General of the Bulgarian National Television