OMV Finds New Oil Reservoir at Romanian Black Sea Offshore Well
Austrian OMV announced that it had found a new oil reservoir in Romania's Black Sea shallow-water Istria XVIII offshore perimeter.
The reservoir identified at exploration well Marina 1 was reported to have a production potential of 1,500 to 2,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d), according to reports of OMV Petrom, as cited by money.bg.
OMV Petrom made clear it was to evaluate the results of the Marina 1 well and assess its commercial viability in the next few months, with production expected to start in 3-4 years in the case of a positive evaluation.
The oil company informed that starting oil production at the site would require an investment of over EUR 100 M.
- » Facebook Loses Nearly $50 Billion In Value
- » French Rail Strike Turning into Major Challenge For Macron
- » Paris Mulls Free Public Transport to Reduce Pollution
- » Kosovo Оpposition Use Tear Gas to Delay Parliament Vote on Montenegro Border Deal
- » Poland Seeking Compensation for World War Two Destruction
- » Second Day of Questioning for Sarkozy on whether Gaddafi has Financed him