OMV Finds New Oil Reservoir at Romanian Black Sea Offshore Well
Austrian OMV announced that it had found a new oil reservoir in Romania's Black Sea shallow-water Istria XVIII offshore perimeter.
The reservoir identified at exploration well Marina 1 was reported to have a production potential of 1,500 to 2,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d), according to reports of OMV Petrom, as cited by money.bg.
OMV Petrom made clear it was to evaluate the results of the Marina 1 well and assess its commercial viability in the next few months, with production expected to start in 3-4 years in the case of a positive evaluation.
The oil company informed that starting oil production at the site would require an investment of over EUR 100 M.
- » Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey Move to Jointly Tackle Migration
- » Italy Finds 75 Migrants on Bulgarian-Flagged Yacht, Arrests Three Ukrainian Smugglers
- » Turkey, US Agree “in Principle” to Give Air Support to Syrian Rebels
- » Greece Warns of Possible Default on IMF Debt Repayment in June
- » EU, US Issue Statements Regarding Russian Ban on 'Undesirable' NGOs
- » Poland Votes Duda in Presidential Elections