OMV Finds New Oil Reservoir at Romanian Black Sea Offshore Well
Austrian OMV announced that it had found a new oil reservoir in Romania's Black Sea shallow-water Istria XVIII offshore perimeter.
The reservoir identified at exploration well Marina 1 was reported to have a production potential of 1,500 to 2,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d), according to reports of OMV Petrom, as cited by money.bg.
OMV Petrom made clear it was to evaluate the results of the Marina 1 well and assess its commercial viability in the next few months, with production expected to start in 3-4 years in the case of a positive evaluation.
The oil company informed that starting oil production at the site would require an investment of over EUR 100 M.
- » Hundreds of Migrants Feared Dead as Boat Sinks off Libya
- » Greek President Appoints Caretaker Prime Minister Ahead of Early Elections
- » Austrian Authorities Find At Least Twenty Dead Migrants in Truck
- » Don’t Take Hitchhikers in Greece, Bulgaria Tells Its Motorists
- » Hungary Fires Tear Gas to Prevent Migrants to Leave Reception Centre
- » Serbia, Kosovo Mark Progress in Relations After Signing Four Key Agreements