OMV Finds New Oil Reservoir at Romanian Black Sea Offshore Well
Austrian OMV announced that it had found a new oil reservoir in Romania's Black Sea shallow-water Istria XVIII offshore perimeter.
The reservoir identified at exploration well Marina 1 was reported to have a production potential of 1,500 to 2,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d), according to reports of OMV Petrom, as cited by money.bg.
OMV Petrom made clear it was to evaluate the results of the Marina 1 well and assess its commercial viability in the next few months, with production expected to start in 3-4 years in the case of a positive evaluation.
The oil company informed that starting oil production at the site would require an investment of over EUR 100 M.
- » Huge Explosion Rocks Istanbul Metro Station
- » Turkey's Erdogan 'Ready to Stand Down' If IS Oil Trade Claims Are Proven
- » German Govt Endorses Military Mission to Back Anti-IS Fight in Syria
- » PM Cameron to Ask Parliament to Expand UK Anti-IS Strikes to Syria Wednesday
- » German Military Rule out Cooperation with Syria Govt in Anti-IS Strikes
- » Obama Expresses Regret to Putin Over Downed Su-24 Bomber