OMV Finds New Oil Reservoir at Romanian Black Sea Offshore Well
Austrian OMV announced that it had found a new oil reservoir in Romania's Black Sea shallow-water Istria XVIII offshore perimeter.
The reservoir identified at exploration well Marina 1 was reported to have a production potential of 1,500 to 2,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d), according to reports of OMV Petrom, as cited by money.bg.
OMV Petrom made clear it was to evaluate the results of the Marina 1 well and assess its commercial viability in the next few months, with production expected to start in 3-4 years in the case of a positive evaluation.
The oil company informed that starting oil production at the site would require an investment of over EUR 100 M.
- » Bulgaria, Macedonia to Discuss Launching Joint Tourism Packages
- » EUObserver: Bulgarian Lev Makes Inroads in Greece
- » Greece Bailout Referendum: 'Yes' Campaign Picks Up Pace
- » Bulgaria’s President Begins One-Day Working Visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- » Result of July 5 Referendum in Greece Too Close to Call – Poll
- » Donbass Introduces Special Regime of Self-Governance, to Hold Local Elections