OMV Finds New Oil Reservoir at Romanian Black Sea Offshore Well
Austrian OMV announced that it had found a new oil reservoir in Romania's Black Sea shallow-water Istria XVIII offshore perimeter.
The reservoir identified at exploration well Marina 1 was reported to have a production potential of 1,500 to 2,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d), according to reports of OMV Petrom, as cited by money.bg.
OMV Petrom made clear it was to evaluate the results of the Marina 1 well and assess its commercial viability in the next few months, with production expected to start in 3-4 years in the case of a positive evaluation.
The oil company informed that starting oil production at the site would require an investment of over EUR 100 M.
- » Diplomats Say Russia Targets Bulgaria, 6 Other EU States in Drive to Kill Sanctions - Reuters
- » Over 250,000 Migrants Arrive in Europe by Sea in 2016 - IOM
- » Red Cross Warns of Worsening Humanitarian Situation in Iraq
- » Migrant Arrivals in Greece Increase after Failed Coup Attempt in Turkey
- » Germany to Stick to Open-Door Policy on Refugees, Chancellor Merkel Says
- » France to Form National Guard to Help Counter Terror Attacks