OMV Finds New Oil Reservoir at Romanian Black Sea Offshore Well
Austrian OMV announced that it had found a new oil reservoir in Romania's Black Sea shallow-water Istria XVIII offshore perimeter.
The reservoir identified at exploration well Marina 1 was reported to have a production potential of 1,500 to 2,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d), according to reports of OMV Petrom, as cited by money.bg.
OMV Petrom made clear it was to evaluate the results of the Marina 1 well and assess its commercial viability in the next few months, with production expected to start in 3-4 years in the case of a positive evaluation.
The oil company informed that starting oil production at the site would require an investment of over EUR 100 M.
- » Hungary Mulls Unprecedented Internet Tax
- » European Union to Boost Ebola Research with EUR 24.4M
- » Sweden Ends Search for Suspected Submarine
- » Doctor Back from Africa Tests Positive for Ebola at New York Hospital
- » Ottawa Shooting Suspect Identified as Canadian Islamic Convert Michael Zehaf-Bibeau
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam