OMV Finds New Oil Reservoir at Romanian Black Sea Offshore Well
Austrian OMV announced that it had found a new oil reservoir in Romania's Black Sea shallow-water Istria XVIII offshore perimeter.
The reservoir identified at exploration well Marina 1 was reported to have a production potential of 1,500 to 2,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d), according to reports of OMV Petrom, as cited by money.bg.
OMV Petrom made clear it was to evaluate the results of the Marina 1 well and assess its commercial viability in the next few months, with production expected to start in 3-4 years in the case of a positive evaluation.
The oil company informed that starting oil production at the site would require an investment of over EUR 100 M.
- » North Korea Shrugs off Donald Trump's Threat as 'Dog's Bark'
- » Iran Says it Does not Expect U.S. to Leave Nuclear Deal
- » Republicans Plan Healthcare vote; Obama and TV Host Denounce Bill
- » Theresa May: 'World Should Take ‘All Necessary Measures’ to Combat North Korea Nuclear Threat'
- » Catalonia Referendum: Spain PM Calls for 'Escalation' to Stop
- » Parsons Green Bomb: Police Make Sixth Arrest in Inquiry