OMV Finds New Oil Reservoir at Romanian Black Sea Offshore Well
Austrian OMV announced that it had found a new oil reservoir in Romania's Black Sea shallow-water Istria XVIII offshore perimeter.
The reservoir identified at exploration well Marina 1 was reported to have a production potential of 1,500 to 2,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d), according to reports of OMV Petrom, as cited by money.bg.
OMV Petrom made clear it was to evaluate the results of the Marina 1 well and assess its commercial viability in the next few months, with production expected to start in 3-4 years in the case of a positive evaluation.
The oil company informed that starting oil production at the site would require an investment of over EUR 100 M.
- » Putin to Call Erdogan over Phone Wednesday
- » Britain Will Have to Raise Taxes, Cut Spending after Vote to Leave EU
- » Russia Confirms Readiness to Build South Stream in Case of Guaranteed EU Demand for Gas
- » Migrant Arrivals by Sea in Europe Top 222,000 in 2016 - IOM
- » Russia Ready to Supply Additional Gas to Europe across Black Sea, Energy Minister Says
- » EU Parliament Calls on UK Begin Withdrawal