Sofia Central Bus Station Evacuated Over Unattended Luggage
Police have closed off the area around the Central Bus Station in Sofia on Tuesday afternoon, and have evacuated all passengers due to unattended luggage.
The bomb disposal unit was just about to tear the suitcases open when several Asians arrived at the scene explaining that it was their luggage, BGNES reports.
Soon afterwards, traffic in the area has been restored and passengers were allowed to get on the buses. The Asians were detained at a nearby police station where they will be interrogated.
- » Deputy Mayor of Bulgaria’s Saedinenie Charged with Embezzlement
- » Bulgaria's Parliament Strips Four MPs of Immunity
- » Bulgaria's Border Police Arrests 41 Syrians At Crossing With Romania
- » Bulgarian ex-IntMin Tsvetan Tsvetanov Gives Up Immunity
- » Bulgaria's Police Seizes 112 kg Of Heroin
- » Bulgaria’s Chief Prosecutor Asks Parliament to Strip 5 MPs of Immunity