Sofia Central Bus Station Evacuated Over Unattended Luggage
Police have closed off the area around the Central Bus Station in Sofia on Tuesday afternoon, and have evacuated all passengers due to unattended luggage.
The bomb disposal unit was just about to tear the suitcases open when several Asians arrived at the scene explaining that it was their luggage, BGNES reports.
Soon afterwards, traffic in the area has been restored and passengers were allowed to get on the buses. The Asians were detained at a nearby police station where they will be interrogated.
- » Serbia Police Find Weapons, Ammo in Bulgarian Train
- » Englishwoman Reportedly Found Dead in Bulgarian Village, Murder Suspected
- » Bulgaria’s Sopharma CEO Ognian Donev Charged with BGN 63 M Tax Evasion
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder