Sofia Central Bus Station Evacuated Over Unattended Luggage
Police have closed off the area around the Central Bus Station in Sofia on Tuesday afternoon, and have evacuated all passengers due to unattended luggage.
The bomb disposal unit was just about to tear the suitcases open when several Asians arrived at the scene explaining that it was their luggage, BGNES reports.
Soon afterwards, traffic in the area has been restored and passengers were allowed to get on the buses. The Asians were detained at a nearby police station where they will be interrogated.
- » ECHR Sentences Bulgaria over Violation of Inmates' Right to Free Speech
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Officials under Abeyance Probe
- » Aghan Man Blamed for Bulgarian Flag Desecration to Stay in Custody
- » Nineteen Migrants Indicted in Bulgaria over Harmanli Riots
- » 30% of Women in Bulgaria Victims of Violence
- » 110 Kg of Marijuana Discovered at Danube Bridge 2