Tourist Season Not Affected by Floods – Branimir Botev
None of the big Bulgarian tour operators reported group cancellations due to the recent floods along the Black Sea coast, deputy economy minister Branimir Botev said, Tuesday.
At a press conference, Botev noted that there has been black PR concerning the floods which has been initiated by the Bulgarian media and has spread abroad, however the deputy minister denied information about a decline in the tourist numbers, Bulgarian Telegraph Agency informs.
According to the official statistics, the tourist reservations from Bulgaria's main markets have remained stable. The problems stem mainly from the devaluation of local currencies, said Botev. If there is any decline, it is recorded in the number of last minute offers, covering one fifth of all customers.
Representatives of the tourism industry insist that the Council of Ministers implements its decision to increase advertisement expenses and to allocate BGN 2.5M out of a total of BGN 10M.
Botev announced that the National Tourism Council has adopted amendments to its regulations that allow the meetings to be attended by representatives of Bulgaria's Academy of Sciences and the Bulgarian Orthodox Church in order to assist creating the tourism and tourist products image.
- » Bulgarians Completed More Trips Abroad in May
- » Decrease in Russian, Ukrainian Tourist Numbers at 10-20% - Bulgarian Minister
- » Bulgarian MPs Vote to Keep Visa Regime for Russian Nationals
- » Mass Inspections Launched Across Bulgarian Seaside Resort Venues
- » Outlook on Bulgaria's Tourism Season Good Despite EU-Russia Crisis
- » Bollywood Star to Participate in Video Advertising Bulgaria as Tourist Destination