Damage Claims After Heavy Hailstorm in Sofia Worth Over BGN 100M
Damages from the devastating hailstorm that hit Bulgaria's Sofia about 2 weeks ago will cost insurance companies more than BGN 100M.
So far, the big companies only have received damage claims for nearly 50,000 vehicles and the average compensation amounts to BGN 2,000 – BGN 4,000, Nova TV reports.
According to the experts, however, the number of cars damaged by the hail is much higher. The deadline for submitting damage claims has almost expired in some of the companies, but most of the insurers will accept claims until the end of the month.
Companies are expected to start paying compensations by the middle of next week. Repairs in the workshops, however, will be done until at least the beginning of next year and there may be delays, Nova TV informs.
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Pledges New Control Unit to Prevent Energy Fraud Schemes
- » Employers’ Associations, Trade Unions to Renew Protests over New Power Prices in September
- » Bulgarian Energy Watchdog Head: Employers’ Associations Cater to Corporate Interests
- » Piraeus 'in Talks' with NBG Group to Merge into Bulgaria's UBB
- » Bulgaria Turns to Budget Surplus of 1.1% of GDP at End-June
- » Bulgaria to Cut Power Prices for Households by 0.11% from 1 August