Damage Claims After Heavy Hailstorm in Sofia Worth Over BGN 100M
Damages from the devastating hailstorm that hit Bulgaria's Sofia about 2 weeks ago will cost insurance companies more than BGN 100M.
So far, the big companies only have received damage claims for nearly 50,000 vehicles and the average compensation amounts to BGN 2,000 – BGN 4,000, Nova TV reports.
According to the experts, however, the number of cars damaged by the hail is much higher. The deadline for submitting damage claims has almost expired in some of the companies, but most of the insurers will accept claims until the end of the month.
Companies are expected to start paying compensations by the middle of next week. Repairs in the workshops, however, will be done until at least the beginning of next year and there may be delays, Nova TV informs.
- » More Than 400 Flights Were Canceled at the Airport in Toronto, Canada Due to Heavy Snowfall
- » Russian Gas Supplies to Italy have Resumed
- » Voice of America: Bulgaria Freezes Assets of Independent Media Publisher
- » Part of Europe Left Without Gas Due to the Explosion in Austria
- » Passenger Numbers at Bulgaria's Varna, Burgas Airports Rise in Jan-Nov
- » World Bank Halts Financing of Oil and Gas Projects from 2019