Damage Claims After Heavy Hailstorm in Sofia Worth Over BGN 100M
Damages from the devastating hailstorm that hit Bulgaria's Sofia about 2 weeks ago will cost insurance companies more than BGN 100M.
So far, the big companies only have received damage claims for nearly 50,000 vehicles and the average compensation amounts to BGN 2,000 – BGN 4,000, Nova TV reports.
According to the experts, however, the number of cars damaged by the hail is much higher. The deadline for submitting damage claims has almost expired in some of the companies, but most of the insurers will accept claims until the end of the month.
Companies are expected to start paying compensations by the middle of next week. Repairs in the workshops, however, will be done until at least the beginning of next year and there may be delays, Nova TV informs.
- » Bulgaria Regrets Russia’s Decision to Quit South Stream - Ambassador
- » Bulgarian Ambassador Vows Visa Simplification for Russian Tourists in 2015
- » Gazprom Approves Capital Increase of South Stream Transport B.V.
- » Reuters: Bulgaria to Open Eurobond Sales Roadshow on 16 March
- » Bulgaria Coalition Member Demands FinMin's Resignation over New Debt
- » Bulgaria’s Gross External Debt Exceeded EUR 39.5 B in end-December 2014