Damage Claims After Heavy Hailstorm in Sofia Worth Over BGN 100M
Damages from the devastating hailstorm that hit Bulgaria's Sofia about 2 weeks ago will cost insurance companies more than BGN 100M.
So far, the big companies only have received damage claims for nearly 50,000 vehicles and the average compensation amounts to BGN 2,000 – BGN 4,000, Nova TV reports.
According to the experts, however, the number of cars damaged by the hail is much higher. The deadline for submitting damage claims has almost expired in some of the companies, but most of the insurers will accept claims until the end of the month.
Companies are expected to start paying compensations by the middle of next week. Repairs in the workshops, however, will be done until at least the beginning of next year and there may be delays, Nova TV informs.
- » Turkey Tables Constitutional Change Bill to Parliament
- » Bulgaria's Exports to EU Grew 6% in Jan-Sept
- » Bulgaria Pays Off Belene Nuclear Plant Debt
- » Bulgaria Signs EUR 210 M Agreements with EEA Countries
- » Bulgaria, Slovakia, Lithuania 'Can Be Centers of Excellence for Nuclear Decommissioning'
- » Time for Bulgaria to Join Euro Waiting Room - C-Bank Governor