BNB Governor Ivan Iskrov Ready to Resign
The Governor of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) Ivan Iskrov said he was ready to resign, in a letter to Speaker of Parliament Mihail Mikov, report Bulgarian-language media.
In his letter Iskrov expressed his disagreement that “BNB and its governor are being used for pre-election political goals through unacceptable accusaitons” and said that if the parties in Parliament could reach a consensus to elect a new BNB governor by August 6 (when Parliament is disbanded), he was ready to resign.
Iskrov expressed his indignation that along with the calls for his resignation were said many things “not corresponding to the truth”, regarding the work of BNB in the case with the troubled Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB).
- » Bitcoin Falls More than 7% as Regulation Worries Mount
- » Bitcoin Slides 14% on Crackdown Fears, Hits 4-Week Low
- » Forbes: Bitcoin Is Headed Lower - For Now
- » Bulgaria to Push For ERM-2 Membership
- » Bulgaria with a Surplus of More Than EUR 2 billion For Q3 of 2017
- » South Korea Plans to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading