BNB Governor Ivan Iskrov Ready to Resign
The Governor of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) Ivan Iskrov said he was ready to resign, in a letter to Speaker of Parliament Mihail Mikov, report Bulgarian-language media.
In his letter Iskrov expressed his disagreement that “BNB and its governor are being used for pre-election political goals through unacceptable accusaitons” and said that if the parties in Parliament could reach a consensus to elect a new BNB governor by August 6 (when Parliament is disbanded), he was ready to resign.
Iskrov expressed his indignation that along with the calls for his resignation were said many things “not corresponding to the truth”, regarding the work of BNB in the case with the troubled Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB).
- » FinMin: Bulgaria Realises Its Unpreparedness for Euro
- » Finance Minister Expects Bulgaria to Record Surplus in January
- » Banker Levon Hampartzoumian: Greek Banks In Bulgaria are Safe
- » Dimitar Kostov Nominated to Head Bulgaria's C-Bank Supervision Dept
- » Illegal Trade in Fuels Costs Bulgaria Over BGN 1 B
- » Deputy Governor of Bulgarian National Bank Dismissed by Parliament