EU Regional Policy Commissioner: Bulgaria to Sign PA with EC Very Soon
EU Commissioner for Regional Policy, Johannes Hahn, has announced that the Partnership Agreement between Bulgaria and the European Commission is to be signed very soon.
The PA, which will allow Bulgaria to launch EU funds absorption in the 2014-2020 programming period, has reached the stage of "final adjustments" and is to be signed very soon, according to the EU Commissioner for Regional Policy.
"Our negotiations with Bulgaria have reached a fairly advanced stage. Although I cannot commit to a concrete date, I can tell you that I am convinced that we will be able to sign the document very soon," he said, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
Johannes Hahn has been nominated for a new term in office as EU Commissioner by the Austrian government. On Tuesday he said that he would be glad if he could keep his portfolio for continuity's sake.
- » Bulgaria Runs Huge Risk of Losing EU Funds - Deputy PM
- » European Commission OKs 39 New Operational Programs, None of Them Bulgarian
- » Bulgaria to Seek Long-Term Loan for 240-km Section of Hemus Motorway
- » Bulgaria PM to Seek Unfreezing of EU Funds in Brussels Next Week
- » French Ambassador: EU Monitoring On Bulgaria Might Increase
- » Bulgarian Ministers Desperate to Negotiate Reduction of EU Funds Losses in 2014