EU Regional Policy Commissioner: Bulgaria to Sign PA with EC Very Soon
EU Commissioner for Regional Policy, Johannes Hahn, has announced that the Partnership Agreement between Bulgaria and the European Commission is to be signed very soon.
The PA, which will allow Bulgaria to launch EU funds absorption in the 2014-2020 programming period, has reached the stage of "final adjustments" and is to be signed very soon, according to the EU Commissioner for Regional Policy.
"Our negotiations with Bulgaria have reached a fairly advanced stage. Although I cannot commit to a concrete date, I can tell you that I am convinced that we will be able to sign the document very soon," he said, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
Johannes Hahn has been nominated for a new term in office as EU Commissioner by the Austrian government. On Tuesday he said that he would be glad if he could keep his portfolio for continuity's sake.
- » MEPs to Discuss Russian Embargo on EU Food Imports
- » Bulgaria 'EU's Biggest Recipient' in 2014-2020 Programs
- » EU To Cover 6% Of Flood Damages In Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Faces Loss of Up To EUR 97 M in EU Funding for Agriculture
- » EU Unlikely to Welcome New Member States in Foreseeable Future – Johannes Hahn
- » Bulgaria Falls Into Bottom Group of EC's Competitiveness Ranking