Fear of Hail Fills Up Sofia's Underground Parkings
The code orange warning for expected hailstorm in Sofia on Tuesday filled up the municipal underground parkings at the metro stations, said the Sofia Municipality.
According to the estimates, those parkings, which usually are virtually empty, on Tuesday were filled up 90-95%.
User comments on the internet noted that the underground parkings of the Sofia shopping malls were also filled up to almost full capacity, which was unusual for midday on a working day.
Two weeks ago Sofia was struck by a sudden hailstorm, which caused extensive material damage and killed one man, who was crushed under a fallen tree in the Borisova Gradina park.
- » Death Toll Rises in Bulgaria's Hitrino Blast
- » Four Die, Many Injured in Blast after Rail Accident in Bulgaria's Hitrino
- » Judges Protest against Top Body, Working Conditions in Sofia
- » Two Bulgarians Vying for Grammy Awards
- » Bulgarian Parliament Scraps 'Long Weekends'
- » Bulgaria Adopts Hefty Fine for Speeding