Fear of Hail Fills Up Sofia's Underground Parkings
The code orange warning for expected hailstorm in Sofia on Tuesday filled up the municipal underground parkings at the metro stations, said the Sofia Municipality.
According to the estimates, those parkings, which usually are virtually empty, on Tuesday were filled up 90-95%.
User comments on the internet noted that the underground parkings of the Sofia shopping malls were also filled up to almost full capacity, which was unusual for midday on a working day.
Two weeks ago Sofia was struck by a sudden hailstorm, which caused extensive material damage and killed one man, who was crushed under a fallen tree in the Borisova Gradina park.
- » Police Arrests 35 Illegal Immigrants in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Has Too Many Universities - Education Minister
- » Bulgaria to Build Accommodation Centres for Elderly
- » Bulgaria Marks 95 Years of Neuilly Treaty after WWI
- » UNESCO Adds Production of Chiprovtsi Carpets to ‘Intangible Heritage’ List
- » Bulgarian Parliament Boosts Healthcare Budget with BGN 100 M