Fear of Hail Fills Up Sofia's Underground Parkings
The code orange warning for expected hailstorm in Sofia on Tuesday filled up the municipal underground parkings at the metro stations, said the Sofia Municipality.
According to the estimates, those parkings, which usually are virtually empty, on Tuesday were filled up 90-95%.
User comments on the internet noted that the underground parkings of the Sofia shopping malls were also filled up to almost full capacity, which was unusual for midday on a working day.
Two weeks ago Sofia was struck by a sudden hailstorm, which caused extensive material damage and killed one man, who was crushed under a fallen tree in the Borisova Gradina park.
- » People in Bourgas are Protesting Against the Air Pollution in the City
- » Drunk Passenger Forced a Plane from Poland to Egypt to Make an Emergency Landing in Sofia
- » 17 People were Injured in a Railway Accident in Slovakia
- » For the next school year, half of the schools will have lockers
- » Electric pillar fell on children in Pazardzhik
- » Top Bottled Water Brands Contaminated with Plastic Particles