Fear of Hail Fills Up Sofia's Underground Parkings
The code orange warning for expected hailstorm in Sofia on Tuesday filled up the municipal underground parkings at the metro stations, said the Sofia Municipality.
According to the estimates, those parkings, which usually are virtually empty, on Tuesday were filled up 90-95%.
User comments on the internet noted that the underground parkings of the Sofia shopping malls were also filled up to almost full capacity, which was unusual for midday on a working day.
Two weeks ago Sofia was struck by a sudden hailstorm, which caused extensive material damage and killed one man, who was crushed under a fallen tree in the Borisova Gradina park.
- » Tsvetan Vasilev Has Sought Contact with Authorities in Belgrade
- » Section of Bulgaria's Trakia Highway Flooded
- » Emergency in Bulgaria's Mizia Lifted
- » Refugee Children Denied Access to School in W Bulgaria To Attend Classes in Sofia
- » 400 Doctors Left Bulgaria to Work Overseas since January
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rains