3 Bulgarian Seafarers Set Off For Round-the-World Sailing Trip
Three Bulgarian men will set off for a sailing trip around the world, Bulgarian National Radio announced.
Pavel Doychev, Gavril Gyurov and Dacho Dachev will sail a yacht around the globe in an attempt to promote Bulgaria and its history, culture and nature.
"The idea was for three people, whose total age is 210 years, to do something that has not been done for a long time," Doychev told BNR.
"During our trip, wherever we stop, we will promote Bulgaria, because such unusual trips do not happen often. Although there are infinitely many yachts that sail around the world, this is not a traditional type of advertisement for Bulgaria. We will show multimedia presentations of Bulgarian folklore, traditions, culture, archeology, etc.,” Doychev added.
Together with the State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad, the seafarers will organize meetings with local Bulgarian communities and will make documentaries.
“We have a contract with a TV station. There will be at least 20 films that will cover the trip," Doynov said.
The team will stop in some 17 countries, BGNES reports. The trip will cost about EUR 60-70 thousand, and the yacht which is yet to be purchased, probably by a sponsor, will cost between EUR 50-500 thousand. The three seafarers will bring rose and acorn seedlings in case someone wants to plant them.
The trip will last 1-2 years and will begin on September 15.
- » State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria’s Burgas, Gabrovo, Smolyan
- » Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Construction of Sofia's 3rd Metro Line Could Be Delayed Over Appeals
- » Over 15 000 People Not Let Into Bulgaria in 2014
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains