Pest Infestations On the Rise Because of Rains
he heavy rains and local floods caused pest infestations across the country, reports Vesti.bg.
According to Ventsislav Boychev, employee of a pest control company, the demand for such services in Sofia increased several times. People were complaining from infestations of rats, cockroaches, wasps, ants, fleas and bedbugs.
People living in the recently flooded areas are complaining from rat infestations, as the rodents were abandoning the flooded basements.
The head of the Pest Control Association Konstantin Todorov said the unusually wet summer was leading to an increase in tick and mosquito populations, as the rains washed off the repellents, sprayed in the city parks and gardens.
- » Greece Strike to Affect Evening Flights between Sofia, Athens
- » Transfiguration Festival to Gather Thousands in Rhodope Mountains
- » Drazki Museum Ship Reopens in Bulgaria's Varna
- » Drunk Driving Rate in Bulgaria at 2.5%, Police Operation Reveals
- » Photo Project Tells Stories of 'Foreigners who Made Bulgaria Their Home
- » Wildfire Near Bulgaria’s Lesovo Border Crossing Contained