Bulgaria's Tourist Season Won't Be Worse Than Last Year
The tourist season on Bulgaria's Black Sea coast won't be worse than last year's, Kalin Sutev representative of the Der Touristik group in Bulgaria, told Dnevnik.bg.
“The publications about ruined tourist season are completely unfounded,” he said. “It is true that the crisis in Ukraine influenced both the Ukrainian and the Russian markets, but in any case we cannot talk of dramatic drop in the number of tourists from the two countries.”
According to Sutev, those two markets were characterized by last-minute reservations and it was almost impossible to make forecasts.
“I have no idea where those dramatic statements about the empty hotels came from,” he said. “We're only halfway through the season and it's way too early to make any conclusions.”
- » Sunny Beach 2nd Cheapest Destination for UK Tourists
- » Ryanair's Sofia Flights Moved to Terminal 2 as of Monday
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Expects 40% Rise in Russian Tourists in 2017
- » Bulgaria Set to Record 8-Million Tourist Mark
- » Burgas Airport to Reopen on Saturday
- » Bulgaria Enables Online Purchase of Train Tickets