Bulgaria's Tourist Season Won't Be Worse Than Last Year
The tourist season on Bulgaria's Black Sea coast won't be worse than last year's, Kalin Sutev representative of the Der Touristik group in Bulgaria, told Dnevnik.bg.
“The publications about ruined tourist season are completely unfounded,” he said. “It is true that the crisis in Ukraine influenced both the Ukrainian and the Russian markets, but in any case we cannot talk of dramatic drop in the number of tourists from the two countries.”
According to Sutev, those two markets were characterized by last-minute reservations and it was almost impossible to make forecasts.
“I have no idea where those dramatic statements about the empty hotels came from,” he said. “We're only halfway through the season and it's way too early to make any conclusions.”
- » Bulgaria Air Adds Weekly Flights to Lisbon, Alicante from Sofia
- » Bulgaria to Keep Old Tourist Logo As All Proposals Rejected
- » Network of Electric Bicycles to Connect Bulgaria, Romania
- » Competition for New Tourist Logo of Bulgaria Fails to Select Winner
- » Over 100 000 Romanians Expected to Visit Bulgaria over Easter Holiday
- » Bulgarian Truckers’ Plans to Close Border with Greece Threaten Losses for Tour Operators