Bulgaria's Hail Suppression Agency Cannot Disperse Gathering Clouds
Bulgaria's Hail Suppression Agency cannot disperse the gathering thunderstorm clouds for technical reasons due to the direction from which they are coming, Tuesday.
This was announced at a meeting between Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova and the head of the Hail Suppression Agency Nikolay Nikolov.
Fandakova has instructed the district mayors to ensure continuous monitoring of water reservoirs, rivers, dams and critical areas in Sofia, Nova TV reports. The teams of Sofia Municipality and Sofiyska Voda Water Utility inspected and cleaned the gullies on the territory of Sofia, Monday night. The teams of all operating companies have been mobilized, Tuesday.
Code orange weather alert for heavy rain, thunderstorms, and hail has been declared in six Bulgarian districts on Tuesday, while 19 other districts are under a "code yellow" alert.
The code orange alert applies to the districts of Sofia-district, Pazardzhik, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, and Gabrovo, according to the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
- » 7 Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert for Heavy Rain, Strong Wind
- » Canadian Soldier Killed in Shooting Near Parliament in Ottawa
- » Code Orange Issued in Seven Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rains, Wind
- » 200 Bulgarian, Romanian Roma Evicted from Camp in Paris
- » Almost 90% Of Disabled People In Bulgaria Are Jobless
- » Bulgaria to Host International Astronomy Olympiad in 2015