Bulgaria's Hail Suppression Agency Cannot Disperse Gathering Clouds
Bulgaria's Hail Suppression Agency cannot disperse the gathering thunderstorm clouds for technical reasons due to the direction from which they are coming, Tuesday.
This was announced at a meeting between Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova and the head of the Hail Suppression Agency Nikolay Nikolov.
Fandakova has instructed the district mayors to ensure continuous monitoring of water reservoirs, rivers, dams and critical areas in Sofia, Nova TV reports. The teams of Sofia Municipality and Sofiyska Voda Water Utility inspected and cleaned the gullies on the territory of Sofia, Monday night. The teams of all operating companies have been mobilized, Tuesday.
Code orange weather alert for heavy rain, thunderstorms, and hail has been declared in six Bulgarian districts on Tuesday, while 19 other districts are under a "code yellow" alert.
The code orange alert applies to the districts of Sofia-district, Pazardzhik, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, and Gabrovo, according to the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
- » Bulgaria’s Vidin Terminates Waste Collection, Disposal Contract with Concessionaire
- » Liberian-Registered Ship Impounded at Varna Port After Unpaid Debt
- » Red Hot Chilli Pipers Greet Bulgarian Audience Prior to May Performance
- » Nineteen People Injured After Explosion in New York City's East Village
- » Intensive Rain Expected Across Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Pazardzhik Declares Partial State of Emergency