6 Bulgarian Districts Bracing for Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms, Hail
A "code orange" weather alert for heavy rain, thunderstorms, and hail has been declared in six Bulgarian districts, while 19 other districts are under a "code yellow" alert.
The rainfall is to intensify Tuesday afternoon.
The "code orange" alert applies to the districts of Sofia-district, Pazardzhik, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, and Gabrovo, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Television, citing the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
Another 19 Bulgarian districts are under a "code yellow" alert for potentially dangerous weather conditions and only 3 districts, including Silistra, Dobrich and Varna, are under a "code green" with no danger of extreme weather events.
The maximum temperatures in western Bulgaria will reach 25-30 °C and in eastern Bulgaria 30-34 °C.
- » Bulgarian President – Fighting Climate Change Could Have Economic Benefits
- » First Snow Falls in Bulgaria's Northwest
- » Minor Jolts Registered in SW Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas