6 Bulgarian Districts Bracing for Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms, Hail
A "code orange" weather alert for heavy rain, thunderstorms, and hail has been declared in six Bulgarian districts, while 19 other districts are under a "code yellow" alert.
The rainfall is to intensify Tuesday afternoon.
The "code orange" alert applies to the districts of Sofia-district, Pazardzhik, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, and Gabrovo, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Television, citing the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
Another 19 Bulgarian districts are under a "code yellow" alert for potentially dangerous weather conditions and only 3 districts, including Silistra, Dobrich and Varna, are under a "code green" with no danger of extreme weather events.
The maximum temperatures in western Bulgaria will reach 25-30 °C and in eastern Bulgaria 30-34 °C.
- » Bulgaria Warns of Potentially Dangerous Rainfall in Burgas Region
- » Spring-Like Temperatures Expected in Bulgaria This Month
- » EU Project Aims to Return Black Vulture to Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow Warning for Most of Bulgaria as Temperatures Rising
- » Coldest Night of Winter Hits Bulgaria, Warming Ahead
- » Warnings Issued for All Bulgarian Regions as Cold Spell Continues