6 Bulgarian Districts Bracing for Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms, Hail
A "code orange" weather alert for heavy rain, thunderstorms, and hail has been declared in six Bulgarian districts, while 19 other districts are under a "code yellow" alert.
The rainfall is to intensify Tuesday afternoon.
The "code orange" alert applies to the districts of Sofia-district, Pazardzhik, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, and Gabrovo, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Television, citing the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
Another 19 Bulgarian districts are under a "code yellow" alert for potentially dangerous weather conditions and only 3 districts, including Silistra, Dobrich and Varna, are under a "code green" with no danger of extreme weather events.
The maximum temperatures in western Bulgaria will reach 25-30 °C and in eastern Bulgaria 30-34 °C.
- » EU's Top Court Says Poland Breached Air Pollution Rules
- » German Court to Decide on Fate of 15 million Diesel Cars
- » Earthquakes with a Force of More than 4 on the Richter Scale Near the Greek Islands of Zakynthos and Crete
- » Cloudy today, Rain in Many Places
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 4.8 on the Richter Scale in Plovdiv And Asenovgrad
- » The Centuries-old Beech Forests in Central Balkan are Included in an Inter-state Site List of UNESCO