6 Bulgarian Districts Bracing for Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms, Hail
A "code orange" weather alert for heavy rain, thunderstorms, and hail has been declared in six Bulgarian districts, while 19 other districts are under a "code yellow" alert.
The rainfall is to intensify Tuesday afternoon.
The "code orange" alert applies to the districts of Sofia-district, Pazardzhik, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, and Gabrovo, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Television, citing the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
Another 19 Bulgarian districts are under a "code yellow" alert for potentially dangerous weather conditions and only 3 districts, including Silistra, Dobrich and Varna, are under a "code green" with no danger of extreme weather events.
The maximum temperatures in western Bulgaria will reach 25-30 °C and in eastern Bulgaria 30-34 °C.
- » Bulgaria Registers Increased Air Pollution Levels
- » Construction Works on Bulgaria's Beach of Coral Will Be Stopped, Official Says
- » Construction Works at Bulgarian Black Sea Coast Campsite Temporarily Stopped
- » Bulgaria to Allocate EU Funding of BGN 115 M to Fighting Air Pollution in Cities
- » Construction Works along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coastline Cause Turmoil
- » Weather: Cloudy and Chilly in April