Bulgaria-Romania Gas Link Suffers Further Delay
A gas interconnector with Romania being built since 2012 will not be operational before September, sources close to the construction say.
The 25-kilometer-long connection between Bulgaria's city of Ruse and Romanian Gyurgevo was initially scheduled to be ready in end-2013 at the latest, but the deadline was extended over technical difficulties.
Sources close to Bulgartransgaz, the system operator in charge of the interconnector, told website Econ.bg that a broken pipe going under the Danube river was the reason for the latest delay.
Attempts are now under way to pull the pipe out of the waters, with experts called on site to provide assistance, the informants have assured.
Apart from the link under construction, Bulgartransgaz intends to build another pipeline duplicating the first to boost capacities.
The 2009 gas dispute between Russia and Ukraine prompted Bulgaria to connect its gas grid to those of Romania, Greece, Turkey and Serbia.
In April, Economy Minister Dragomir Stoynev announced building of the link with Greece is to start at the end of this year.
- » Gazprom Changes Policy Over Natural Gas Deliveries to Bulgaria
- » Gazprom Vows to Let Clients Renegotiate Natural Gas Prices
- » Reactors for Belene NPP To Arrive Under Enhanced Security Measures
- » Bulgaria Has 7 Weeks To Respond to Gazprom
- » Gazprom To Adhere to EU Competition Rules
- » Russia Ready to Attract Investor for Bulgaria's Belene N-Plant - Ambassador
Comments that obviously do not REFER to the printed story ,but are infact ADVERTISEMENTS from people trying to encourage others to take LOANS WHICH INVOLVES GIVING out your BANK DETAILS and more likely to be SCAMS ,
These Advertisements Should be DELETED
Novinite is being used by these people for FREE ADVERTISING?