Bulgaria 'to Resettle' 2000 Refugees - Report
Authorities are planning to resettle two thousands of people who have been granted refugee or humanitarian status until the end of 2014, a Bulgarian daily writes.
Citing the 2014 draft strategy on refugee integration, the newspaper Sega argues the measure is due to be adopted at a cabinet session on Wednesday, July 23.
Ministers are also expected to approve the financial framework for the strategy, and Sega estimates the money set aside to support the two thousand people is likely to reach BGN 2.168 M (EUR 1.134 M).
The resettlement program is to be carried out under an adopted integration strategy regarding people that have been granted international protection until 2020.
The document envisages that all municipalities should take responsibility for the influx of refugees.
Presently, only a few of Bulgaria's administrative regions are having to tackle issues involving asylum seekers who have been granted status.
Those who wish to be sent to another location in Bulgaria will have to declare their will after receiving a refugee or humanitarian status.
Under an agreement they will have to sign with the state, a six-month course in Bulgarian language, classes on social (and also on professional) orientation will be mandatory, and their children will have to be enrolled in a school.
They will have access to social and healthcare services will the document they have signed is in force.
July 23, when a decision is to be taken on the strategy, has lately been described as the most likely for the resignation of Bulgaria's government, and the meeting of ministers on that day could be their last one while they are in office.
- » Forest Fire Damage in Bulgaria since Jan 2015 Estimated at BGN 10 M
- » 'Socialist Beer' Adds Appeal to Traditional Buzludzha Fest
- » Bulgarian High School Students Win Gold, 2 Silver Medals at International Olympiad in Informatics
- » Inactivity Rate of Young People in Bulgaria at nearly 73% in 2014
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Bulgaria Will Have World's Most Rapidly Shrinking Population in Next 35 Years - UN