New Fund to Raise Money for Culture in Bulgaria's Sofia
A newly founded Cultural Innovation Fund will raise private and public funds for alternative contemporary art, Sofia mayor Yordanka Fandakova announced Monday.
The funds raised from individuals and legal entities will be doubled by the Sofia Municipality, Dnevnik informs.
The project is part of Sofia's bid for the European Capital of Culture in 2019. An application for participation in the second stage of the competition has already been submitted under the motto 'Share Sofia'.
Physical persons are eligible to apply with projects for up to BGN 2 thousand and legal persons can apply with projects worth no more than BGN 8 thousand. Artists' ideas must be relevant to the subject of alternative urban art.
Projects can be submitted in Bulgarian and in English. The deadline for online applications is 23 September, and for paper based applications - on September 24 only.
The transparent use of the funds will be monitored by the Sofia Municipality and the Bulgarian Charities Aid Foundation (BCAF).
- » Valuable Ancient Jewelry Found in Private Home in Bulgaria's Nikopol
- » 8-century Old Church in Melnik Now Opens for Visitors
- » Ralitsa Petrova's ''Bezbog" Awarded at Prestigious Sarajevo Film Fest
- » Famous Israeli Musician Idan Raichel's Show Comes to Sofia Next Month
- » Sudanese Musician Alfateh Hussain to Visit Bulgaria with His Show
- » Bulgaria's Burgas Hosting Summer Chaos Festival on Saturday