New Fund to Raise Money for Culture in Bulgaria's Sofia
A newly founded Cultural Innovation Fund will raise private and public funds for alternative contemporary art, Sofia mayor Yordanka Fandakova announced Monday.
The funds raised from individuals and legal entities will be doubled by the Sofia Municipality, Dnevnik informs.
The project is part of Sofia's bid for the European Capital of Culture in 2019. An application for participation in the second stage of the competition has already been submitted under the motto 'Share Sofia'.
Physical persons are eligible to apply with projects for up to BGN 2 thousand and legal persons can apply with projects worth no more than BGN 8 thousand. Artists' ideas must be relevant to the subject of alternative urban art.
Projects can be submitted in Bulgarian and in English. The deadline for online applications is 23 September, and for paper based applications - on September 24 only.
The transparent use of the funds will be monitored by the Sofia Municipality and the Bulgarian Charities Aid Foundation (BCAF).
- » Night/Plovdiv to Feature Dozens of Events on September 23-24
- » Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson to Open Plovdiv Salon of Arts in September
- » Azam Ali to Perform in Sofia in October
- » Rozhen Folklore Fair Begins Near Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » Bansko Jazz Festival to Feature Musicians from 3 Continents
- » Kyustendil Honours Famous Bulgarian Painter with Large-Scale Portrait on Square