EC Recommends To Serbia To Suspend Work on South Stream Pipeline
The EC has recommended to Serbia to suspend construction of the South Stream Pipeline until it is fully in line with European law, reports BTA quoting the Serbian daily Politika.
“The EC is not against the South Stream project in principle, as it is important to diversify the natural gas deliveries in the Western Balkans,” said the newspaper. “South Stream is a new way of delivery, but not a new source. The EC is not against the pipeline, but against the manner the project is carried out.”
According to the EC, the South Stream pipeline, just like any other large infrastructure project in Europe, must have strict and clear legal framework, which in this case is still lacking.
“The EC position on South Stream in Serbia is no exception,” said the EC statement, quoted by Politika. “Furthermore, not a single intergovernmental agreement on South Stream, signed by Russia, complies with EU law. Our position is uniform both for EU member states and for third countries, such as Serbia. It is in the best longterm interest of Serbia, as a candidate EU member, to comply with EU law with regard the South Stream pipeline.”
- » Final Agreement on Bulgaria-Greece Gas Grid Interconnector Delayed by Technicalities – Minister
- » Poor Transport, Energy Links Impede Development of SEE Countries – Plevneliev, Pusic
- » Chevron Interested in Reviving Burgas-Alexandroupolis Oil Pipeline – Transneft President
- » Bulgaria’s State-Owned Maritsa East 2 TPP Reported Loss of BGN 38.6 M in 2014
- » Bulgaria Backs Idea for Gas Ring with Romania, Hungary, Slovakia
- » Bulgaria May Be Connected To Turkish Stream – Energy Committee Head
The EC are objecting and recommending the suspension of the South Stream Pipeline because of RUSSIA
The EC Countries who are telling you to DELAY/SUSPEND this project ARE NOT RELYING on this pipeline for FUEL they have all they need from the NORTH PIPELINE ,
The delays will ONLY EFFECT THE SOUTHERN COUNTRIES not the Rich BUREAUCRATS OF THE EC/EU Backed of course by the GREAT USA. .
The southern counties need the fuel need the supply ,how else will they get it ? AH YES The USA supply ? wait five /six years containers will bring it by sea at what price as you will pay for the transport it will not be free .
Get it into your head the USA WANT CONTROL of your LIFE .