Bulgaria for Citizens Movement Co-founder Daniel Valchev Resigns
Co-founder and deputy chair of Bulgaria for Citizens Movement party Daniel Valchev has resigned, Monday.
In a letter to the party's national council, Valchev explained that his decision was a professional, rather than a political one, Trud Daily reports.
Valchev has recently become a law professor at Sofia University and will pursue an academic career, Nova TV informs. According to the University regulations, he will not be allowed to occupy the post of a political party leader.
Valchev has expressly stated that he strongly supports Meglena Kuneva as the party leader and believes in the success of the Reformist Bloc.
Bulgaria for Citizens Movement is a political party, founded by former European Commissioner Meglena Kuneva in 2012.
- » New Deputy Agriculture Minister to Oversee EU's Fisheries Policy in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Garmen Braces for New Protest against Illegal Roma Dwellings
- » Bulgarian Socialists to Decide at Referendum on Left-wing Alliance for Presidential Vote
- » UNESCO Head Bokova Denies Speculation She Might Run for Bulgarian President
- » Bulgaria Socialists Name Legendary Film Actor as Deputy Chair
- » Bulgaria's Socialist Party Undergoes Reshuffles