Grigor Dimitrov Becomes Honorary Citizen of Varna
Bulgaria's most successful tennis player so far, Grigor Dimitrov, was awarded the title "Honorary citizen of Varna" Monday.
The municipal council of the coastal city approved the proposal of the tennis club "Black Sea" with 100% votes in favour.
The motives for title are the recent victories of Dimitrov and his performance in the game against Novak Djokovic in this year's Wibledon tournament.
After his participation at the tournament, Grigor Dimitrov entered the ATP top 10 ranking and is among the best tennis players in the world. He was a registered player in the "Black Sea - Elite" club that initiated the nomination.
Other people were also awarded the title. It is accompanied by a monetary reward and a commemorative medal.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Seeks Recovery at Madrid Open
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Vows to Get Over Defeat at Istanbul Final
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Schwartzman at ATP Istanbul Final
- » Vegan Mountaineer Skatov Also Ascends Annapurna
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Climbs World's Deadliest Peak
- » Tennis: Grigor Dimitrov Reaches ATP Istanbul Final