Grigor Dimitrov Becomes Honorary Citizen of Varna
Bulgaria's most successful tennis player so far, Grigor Dimitrov, was awarded the title "Honorary citizen of Varna" Monday.
The municipal council of the coastal city approved the proposal of the tennis club "Black Sea" with 100% votes in favour.
The motives for title are the recent victories of Dimitrov and his performance in the game against Novak Djokovic in this year's Wibledon tournament.
After his participation at the tournament, Grigor Dimitrov entered the ATP top 10 ranking and is among the best tennis players in the world. He was a registered player in the "Black Sea - Elite" club that initiated the nomination.
Other people were also awarded the title. It is accompanied by a monetary reward and a commemorative medal.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Reaches Australian Open Quarter-Finals
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Gasquet in 3rd Round of Australian Open
- » Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for Australian Open's 3rd Round
- » Grigor Dimitrov Makes It Past 1st Round at Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face World's No 231 in 1st Australian Open Game
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Tennis Ranking