Grigor Dimitrov Becomes Honorary Citizen of Varna
Bulgaria's most successful tennis player so far, Grigor Dimitrov, was awarded the title "Honorary citizen of Varna" Monday.
The municipal council of the coastal city approved the proposal of the tennis club "Black Sea" with 100% votes in favour.
The motives for title are the recent victories of Dimitrov and his performance in the game against Novak Djokovic in this year's Wibledon tournament.
After his participation at the tournament, Grigor Dimitrov entered the ATP top 10 ranking and is among the best tennis players in the world. He was a registered player in the "Black Sea - Elite" club that initiated the nomination.
Other people were also awarded the title. It is accompanied by a monetary reward and a commemorative medal.
- » World Football Elite Expected to Gather in Sofia in June
- » Bulgarian Athlete Becomes New Balkan Cycling Champion
- » Bulgaria's Top Tennis Players Retain WTA, ATP Rankings
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov 'Could Replace Coach'
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Overwhelmingly Defeats Wawrinka in Monte Carlo