Grigor Dimitrov Becomes Honorary Citizen of Varna
Bulgaria's most successful tennis player so far, Grigor Dimitrov, was awarded the title "Honorary citizen of Varna" Monday.
The municipal council of the coastal city approved the proposal of the tennis club "Black Sea" with 100% votes in favour.
The motives for title are the recent victories of Dimitrov and his performance in the game against Novak Djokovic in this year's Wibledon tournament.
After his participation at the tournament, Grigor Dimitrov entered the ATP top 10 ranking and is among the best tennis players in the world. He was a registered player in the "Black Sea - Elite" club that initiated the nomination.
Other people were also awarded the title. It is accompanied by a monetary reward and a commemorative medal.
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova to Face Sloane Stephens in 3rd Round of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Third Round of Roland Garros
- » CSKA Sofia Claims Bulgarian Cup in Historic Final
- » Two Bulgarian Mountaineers Ascend World's Fifth Highest Peak
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Remains Sole Bulgarian Representative at Roland Garros
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Serbia's Troicki in Postponed Match in Paris Monday