Poll: 6 Parties Likely to Make It Into Bulgaria's Next Parliament
If the early elections were held today, six political formations would pass the 4% threshold to enter Bulgaria's Parliament, according to polling agency Sova Haris.
According to the poll, center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria) would be backed by 23% of the voters, the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) would receive 15.2% of the votes, liberal party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) would be backed by 8% and right-wing formation The Reformist Bloc by 4%.
The ABV Movement (Alternative for Bulgarian Revival) of former two-term President Georgi Parvanov would get 2.7% of the votes, according to Sova Haris.
Nationalist parties were shown to stand little chance of entering the 43rd National Assembly, with Ataka getting 1.3% of the votes and the National Front for the Salvation of Bulgaria (NFSB) 1%.
16.6% of the polled said they had not decided whom they would support and 17.7% said they would not vote.
- » National Security Head: No Direct Terror Threat to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Labor Minister to Push for Minimum Wage Hike
- » Bulgarian Nationalists Threaten Gov't over Appointment of Sofia Governor
- » Ivaylo Kalfin Appointed Chair of National Council for Tripartite Cooperation
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Dismisses Nearly All District Governors
- » Bulgaria Deputy DefMin 'Threat to National Security' - Patriotic Front