Poll: 6 Parties Likely to Make It Into Bulgaria's Next Parliament
If the early elections were held today, six political formations would pass the 4% threshold to enter Bulgaria's Parliament, according to polling agency Sova Haris.
According to the poll, center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria) would be backed by 23% of the voters, the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) would receive 15.2% of the votes, liberal party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) would be backed by 8% and right-wing formation The Reformist Bloc by 4%.
The ABV Movement (Alternative for Bulgarian Revival) of former two-term President Georgi Parvanov would get 2.7% of the votes, according to Sova Haris.
Nationalist parties were shown to stand little chance of entering the 43rd National Assembly, with Ataka getting 1.3% of the votes and the National Front for the Salvation of Bulgaria (NFSB) 1%.
16.6% of the polled said they had not decided whom they would support and 17.7% said they would not vote.
- » Bulgaria Justice Ministry Uploads Judicial Reform Proposal
- » Blast Rocks Ukraine President's Confectionery Chain Store
- » Bulgaria Justice Minister to Unveil Judicial Reform Proposals
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Sets Up Ad Hoc Committee on Draft Constitutional Amendments
- » Bulgarian Government Establishes National Anti-Corruption Council
- » Bulgarian Socialist Opposition Refuses Heading Constitutional Changes Committee