Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo to Apply for UNESCO World Heritage
The town of Veliko Tarnovo is to apply for the inclusion of its natural and historic landmarks into the UNESCO World Heritage list.
It will seek to place there its famous hills, where monuments dating centuries back can be seen, and the meanders of the Yantra river running through the town.
Six Middle-Age churches and village of Arbanasi, a popular tourist destinations, are to be proposed as a "group of monuments".
Officials hope the move could also draw funds to conserve significant cultural and natural venues.
With its name translated as "Great Tarnovo", it was the capital of the Second Bulgarian Empire (1185-1396).
- » Summer festival OPERA OPEN 2017 - Plovdiv
- » Dance show NEO DERVISH at the ancient theater in Plovdiv
- » Artists Transform Facades into Works of Art in Bulgarian Seaside Town of Ahtopol
- » Three Bulgarian Women Painters with Exhibition at Arte Gallery
- » Rediscover Bulgaria Photo Exhibition on Lover's Bridge in Sofia
- » Rock Legend Sting to Perform in Bulgaria in September 16, 2017