Construction of Bulgarian – Serbian Checkpoint Road Launched
Bulgaria has launched the construction of a new road to the border with Serbia for the opening of a new checkpoint between the two countries.
The road will pass near the Salash village in north western Bulgarian Belogradchik municipality, Bulgarian National Radio (BNR) informed.
Nearly BGN 3M has been allocated to the project under the public investment program for the growth and sustainable development of the regions.
The construction works on Bulgarian territory have actually already started, said the governor of Vidin Krastyo Spasov, as quoted by BNR.
The stretch of the road to be built on the territory of Serbia is about 300 meters long.
The agreement on the new border checkpoint between Bulgaria at Salash – Novo Korito dates back to 2007.
- » Piraeus 'in Talks' with NBG Group to Merge into Bulgaria's UBB
- » Bulgaria Turns to Budget Surplus of 1.1% of GDP at End-June
- » Bulgaria to Cut Power Prices for Households by 0.11% from 1 August
- » Chair of Employers' Association: Power Price Hike Will Cause Protests to Intensify
- » Bulgaria Loses 1M Turkish Tourists a Year due to Cumbersome Visa Issuance Process
- » Bulgaria's Energy Regulator to Announce New Electricity Prices