Construction of Bulgarian – Serbian Checkpoint Road Launched
Bulgaria has launched the construction of a new road to the border with Serbia for the opening of a new checkpoint between the two countries.
The road will pass near the Salash village in north western Bulgarian Belogradchik municipality, Bulgarian National Radio (BNR) informed.
Nearly BGN 3M has been allocated to the project under the public investment program for the growth and sustainable development of the regions.
The construction works on Bulgarian territory have actually already started, said the governor of Vidin Krastyo Spasov, as quoted by BNR.
The stretch of the road to be built on the territory of Serbia is about 300 meters long.
The agreement on the new border checkpoint between Bulgaria at Salash – Novo Korito dates back to 2007.
- » Mining Industry Accounts for 5% of Bulgaria’s GDP – Energy Minister
- » Bulgaria’s State-Owned Railway Carrier Sees Its Market Share Shrink to 5.1%
- » Bulgaria’s C-Bank to Replace BGN 2 Banknotes with BGN 2 Coins by end-2015
- » Bulgaria’s Business Climate Improves in August
- » Sofia’s New Integrated Municipal Waste Management System Completed
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Record 16.5 % Increase in July