Russia Publishes List of 12 US Citizens Banned from Entering Country
Russia’s Foreign Ministry has announced a list of twelve US citizens barred from entering Russia for violations of fundamental human rights and freedoms.
Among them are people involved in tortures in the Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo prisons. The first Russian "Guantanamo list" of 18 names was made public in 2013, Itar-Tass reports.
The new list is divided into two groups. The first one comprises of persons involved in the legalization and the use of tortures against Guantanamo prisoners. The second is made up of American servicemen involved in abuses against prisoners in the Abu Ghraib special prison in Iraq or those who concealed crimes.
- » Three-Way Summit to Lay Basis for Supplying Turkmen Gas to Europe
- » Migrants Arrivals by Sea in Europe Top 242,000 so far in 2016 – IOM
- » Some 4,700 People Remanded in Custody in Turkey over Failed Coup Attempt
- » Turkish Airlines to Maintain Normal Operations during Emergency Rule
- » France Charges Five Suspects over Nice Truck Attack
- » EU’s Mogherini Calls on Turkey to Respect Human Rights during Emergency Rule