Bus Carrying 50 Belarusian Children Overturns Near Bulgaria’s Varna
Passenger bus carrying about 50 children from Belarus, has overturned Saturday on the road between Bulgaria’s Black Sea city of Varna and Ruse.
The bus has fallen into a ditch, fortunately no children were injured, BGNES reports. The accident occurred near the village of Bazan at about 7 am, Saturday.
According to the initial information, the driver felt sick and lost control of the bus. Three ambulances, a fire brigade, and civil protection teams have been immediately sent at the scene of the accident.
The driver, who is a Bulgarian national, was taken to the hospital for examinations.
The carrier has sent another bus to take the children to Belarus. They were returning from a holiday in Bulgaria’s resort of Kiten.
- » Joe Cocker Dies at 70
- » Stem Cell Transplantation Centre Opens in Varna
- » Meteorologists Warn Of Heavy Snowfall Before New Year
- » Additional Train, Bus Services Provided over Chrismas Holidays
- » Immigrants Storming Turkey-Bulgaria Border Forces Checkpoint Closure
- » Anti-Discrimination Protest to Be Held in Sofia over 'Racist Remarks' of Gov't