Ruse Introduces First in Bulgaria Bike Path Network
Ruse is the first Bulgarian city to have a working bike path network as an integral part of the general urban development plan, the municipal council announced Thursday.
The local authority has approved the launch of the construction of the first 14 km of a project for an integrated urban transport system in the city of Ruse. It is funded by grants under the operational program Regional Development.
The project consists of eight components, and aims at the prospective development of cycling in an urban environment, the Ruse Municipality states.
The project for an integrated urban transport system in Ruse provides to ensure better accessibility of citizens to public transport, to improve traffic and safety. It is worth over BGN 29M, Dnevnik informs.
- » Refugee Center in Bulgaria’s Kovatchevtsi Faces Closure
- » Sofia City Courts Acquits Activists For Painting Monument
- » Archaeological Excavations At Perperikon To Continue Next Year
- » Sofia History Museum To Host European Heritage Days
- » Sofia Metro To Reach Airport In April
- » Photo From Bulgarians' 2013 Protests Featured In Hollywood Film