Ruse Introduces First in Bulgaria Bike Path Network
Ruse is the first Bulgarian city to have a working bike path network as an integral part of the general urban development plan, the municipal council announced Thursday.
The local authority has approved the launch of the construction of the first 14 km of a project for an integrated urban transport system in the city of Ruse. It is funded by grants under the operational program Regional Development.
The project consists of eight components, and aims at the prospective development of cycling in an urban environment, the Ruse Municipality states.
The project for an integrated urban transport system in Ruse provides to ensure better accessibility of citizens to public transport, to improve traffic and safety. It is worth over BGN 29M, Dnevnik informs.
- » Introduction of Fingerprint Identification in Outpatient Sector Postponed
- » The Duisburg Casino in Germany Turns 10
- » Flu Peak in Bulgaria Expected in April
- » Austrian Ambassador Roland Hauser Tops Novinite.com's Personalities in the News Poll
- » World Fails to Match Levski's Ideal, Bulgarian President Says
- » Bulgaria, 3 Other NATO States 'Picked Russia to Defend Them if Threatened'