Ruse Introduces First in Bulgaria Bike Path Network
Ruse is the first Bulgarian city to have a working bike path network as an integral part of the general urban development plan, the municipal council announced Thursday.
The local authority has approved the launch of the construction of the first 14 km of a project for an integrated urban transport system in the city of Ruse. It is funded by grants under the operational program Regional Development.
The project consists of eight components, and aims at the prospective development of cycling in an urban environment, the Ruse Municipality states.
The project for an integrated urban transport system in Ruse provides to ensure better accessibility of citizens to public transport, to improve traffic and safety. It is worth over BGN 29M, Dnevnik informs.
- » Bulgarian Samuel Finzi Voted Actor of the Year in Germany
- » Turkey’s Pegasus Airlines Plane Makes Safe Emergency Landing at Sofia Airport
- » Number of Cyclists in Sofia up by 140% in 3 Years
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover 1600-Year-Old Mosaic in Downtown Sofia
- » Bulgaria’s Govt Adopts 2015-2016 Action Plan on Poverty
- » 2 Bulgarian Nationals Die in Car Crash near Serbia’s Pirot