Bulgaria Records Highest Annual Deflation Levels in EU
The annual inflation in the Euro Area was 0.5% in June 2014, stable compared with May, data released by Eurostat,the statistical office of the European Union showed.
A year earlier the rate was 1.6%. The monthly inflation was 0.1% in June 2014. European Union annual inflation was 0.7% in June 2014, up from 0.6% in May. A year earlier the rate was 1.7%. The monthly inflation was 0.1% in June 2014.
In June 2014, negative annual rates were observed in Bulgaria (-1.8%), Greece (-1.5%), Portugal (-0.2%), Hungary and Slovakia (both -0.1%).
The highest annual rates were recorded in the United Kingdom (1.9%), Austria (1.7%) and Luxembourg (1.2%).
Compared with May 2014, annual inflation has dropped in ten Member States, remained stable in four and rose in fourteen, the Eurostat reports.
- » Bulgaria's FinMIn Foresees No Serious Impact of Brexit
- » Sofia Airport Reports 16 % Increase in Passenger Numbers in May
- » FDI in Bulgaria Drops 45% Y/Y in January-April 2016
- » Bulgaria’s C-Bank to Publish Currency Exchange Rates by 6 p.m. on Workdays
- » Average Monthly Insurable Income in Bulgaria Was BGN 740.85 in Year to April 30
- » Former PM Oresharski Warns of Possible Greek-style Debt Crisis in Bulgaria