Damage Assessment of Flooded Bulgarian Primorsko Runs Up To BGN 3M
The damages to Bulgaria's road network caused by the floods that hit Primorsko and Sozopol Wednesday will cost about BGN 3M, Regional Development Minister Desislava Terzieva said.
The damage assessment is underway, the Ministry informs. A total of BGN 1.5M will be allocated for the repair of the road between the Black Sea city of Burgas and Sarafovo which will start in September after the end of the summer season, Terzieva stated.
State of emergency was declared in the Primorsko municipality on Wednesday after the torrential rains caused the overflowing of the rivers Dyavolska and Ropotamo, flooding the area and inflicting considerable material damages.
The Regional Development Minister has officially opened the road junction Balgarovo at km 352 of the Trakia highway, Thursday. The junction will divert traffic from settlements north of Burgas before entering the city thus saving time and improving safety.
The project has received a BGN 2M funding under the state budget.
- » Children's Museum To Open In Sofia Next Year
- » Turkish Truck Drivers Complain From Syrian Immigrants
- » Unemployment Rates in Bulgaria Remain Stable in August – Eurostat
- » WWF: Global Wildlife Population Dropped by 50% in 40 Years
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry Turns Down Donation of Pacific Island
- » KTB Depositors Threaten to Foil Bulgaria's Elections