Damage Assessment of Flooded Bulgarian Primorsko Runs Up To BGN 3M
The damages to Bulgaria's road network caused by the floods that hit Primorsko and Sozopol Wednesday will cost about BGN 3M, Regional Development Minister Desislava Terzieva said.
The damage assessment is underway, the Ministry informs. A total of BGN 1.5M will be allocated for the repair of the road between the Black Sea city of Burgas and Sarafovo which will start in September after the end of the summer season, Terzieva stated.
State of emergency was declared in the Primorsko municipality on Wednesday after the torrential rains caused the overflowing of the rivers Dyavolska and Ropotamo, flooding the area and inflicting considerable material damages.
The Regional Development Minister has officially opened the road junction Balgarovo at km 352 of the Trakia highway, Thursday. The junction will divert traffic from settlements north of Burgas before entering the city thus saving time and improving safety.
The project has received a BGN 2M funding under the state budget.
- » Legendary Bulgarian Defender Trifon Ivanov Dies Aged 50
- » Strong South Winds Expected in Bulgaria Saturday
- » US Film Director Ted Kotcheff Applies for Bulgarian Citizenship
- » Bulgarian-Finnish Documentary “Love&Engineering” Out in Bulgarian Cinemas
- » Public Trust in Bulgarian Media Further Down in 2015 - Survey
- » Uriah Heep to Perform in Bulgaria's Ruse on May 7