Bulgarian Tourism Organizations Sign Environment Protection Memorandum
A general memorandum, prioritizing nature and cultural heritage protection for the development of Bulgarian tourism, will be signed by environmental and tourism organizations.
The goal of the document is to turn Bulgaria into a desired tourist destination by improving the quality of tourism services, stopping the loss of bio-diversity and restricting the negative impacts on the environment.
In their joint initiative, the organizations are trying to also change views on protecting the authenticity of cultural heritage by involving the local population, Dnevnik reports.
The memorandum will be signed by the Bulgarian Tourist Chamber, the Bulgarian Association of Travel Agents, the Burgas Regional Tourist Chamber, the Bulgarian Association for Alternative Tourism, the Association of Bulgarian Tour operators and Travel Agents, Sunny Beach Hotel Owners, Bulgarian Association for Rural and Ecological Tourism, the "Let nature remain in Bulgaria" coalition, among others.
- » Another Six Pelicans Die at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve
- » Bulgaria, World Prepare to Switch Off for Earth Hour
- » Intensive Rain Expected Across Bulgaria
- » Bird Flu Caused Death of Pelicans in Bulgaria's Srebarna Reserve
- » Chile Floods Leave 200 Bulgarians Stranded
- » 21 Pelicans Found Dead at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve