Bulgaria's Government Allocates Additional BGN 1.5M For Archeology
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has approved an additional expenditure of BGN 1.5M for the research and the protection of archaeological heritage, including fieldwork conservation.
The funding will be allocated to the budget of the Ministry of Culture for 2014.
The proposed resources will be used for the funding of activities at archaeological sites which have been researched for years and which are still excavated. Such sites are at risk of being ravaged by treasure-hunters and adverse weather conditions.
Many of the researched sites are exceptional examples of Bulgaria's cultural heritage, and have the potential to become attractive tourist destinations, the Ministry of Culture informs on its website.
- » 44 Ship Wrecks Explored in Bulgaria's Black Sea
- » Unique Golden Heart Discovered in Bulgaria's Veliki Preslav
- » Bulgaria’s Pavlikeni To Revitalise Antique Ceramics Centre
- » 2,600-Year Old Stone Head of Apollo Donated To Bulgarian Historical Museum
- » Bulgaria Allocates BGN 0.25 M to Building of First Capital's Basilica
- » Pioneering Maritime Archaeology in Black Sea