Court Allows Divulging of Bank Secret in KTB Investigation
The Sofia Regional Court allowed the divulging of bank secret on the debtors of the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), reports Dnevnik.bg.
According to the website, the request was made by the prosecution on July 9, in connection to the investigation against the Bulgarian National Bank sub-governor Tsvetan Gunev who was in charge of banking sector oversight.
The prosecution told Dnevnik.bg that the court allowed the divulging of the bank secret on the accounts of those who have credits from the KTB, but that does not mean that the information will be made public. It will only be accessible to the investigators and the prosecutors.
- » Former PM Kostov Urges Fast Action to Rescue KTB
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Govt Slashes BGN 500M Public Investment Program by BGN 150M
- » 1/3 Of Sums Withdrawn In June Put Back In Banks
- » Majority Owner Says Being Close to KTB Rescue Plan
- » Bulgaria's Ombudsman Accuses Central Bank of Inaction over Corpbank
- » Bulgaria's Interim Finmin Porozhanov Voices Concern about KTB
There is far to many secrets and not enough transparency in this banking mess and the Whole of EUROPE IS WATCHING how it is to be sorted out ,
Clarity should be given to customers as to why they can not withdraw funds ,why is this not being dealt with in
an open and clear view of customers the more it is done behind closed doors the more people will question why and who is not telling the true .
This is now probably being disgust throughout Europe by foreign investors with deposits with the bank and property owners with loans on property . Will they lose money or even property because of this ,there if no information coming forward from the bank to reassure customers that their accounts are secure ?